Taxi Companies Out of St. Malo & Concarneau

ksps cruise fan

I'm trying to arrange a private excursion out of these two French ports, and I've run into problems. The internet lists of taxi cab companies include phone numbers, but only two taxi companies also include an email address. I've written to both, but neither has replied. (I wrote a message in English on the Google translate web site and included both my English version and the French version in both messages. I knew the Google translation read like a direct translation into French instead of using the French way of saying some phrases. I just had to hope the schedulers weren't too put off by my lack of French fluency.)

In Italy, the culture is to respond to phone calls or FAXes, but not to email. Are the French taxi companies like this? Do I have to polish my ridiculously rusty French and place a phone call? Can someone recommend a taxi company out of either/both of these ports that is easy to work with, particularly for a limited French speaker?

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to arrange a private excursion out of these two French ports, and I've run into problems. The internet lists of taxi cab companies include phone numbers, but only two taxi companies also include an email address. I've written to both, but neither has replied. (I wrote a message in English on the Google translate web site and included both my English version and the French version in both messages. I knew the Google translation read like a direct translation into French instead of using the French way of saying some phrases. I just had to hope the schedulers weren't too put off by my lack of French fluency.)

In Italy, the culture is to respond to phone calls or FAXes, but not to email. Are the French taxi companies like this? Do I have to polish my ridiculously rusty French and place a phone call? Can someone recommend a taxi company out of either/both of these ports that is easy to work with, particularly for a limited French speaker?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps your schedule interferes with the morning coffee break of the taxi drivers. Don't get me wrong....since DW and I love traveling in France and enjoy the French. That being said, French taxi drivers seem to have a funny way of doing business. Most could care less about cruise ships, tours, etc. They sometimes see customers as an interuption of their daily routines. It is not unusual for a cruise ship to dock or tender in a French port where there are very few to no taxis waiting for eager passengers. Although we have traveled extensively throughout France we remain totally puzzled by the attitude of the taxi drivers. Good luck!

Hank

You might want to post this on the Oceania board. We wee on the Riviera last year with stops at St Malo and Concarneau. We did not use a taxi so I couldn't help you. My experience has been that I get very good and accurate responses when I post on the tripadvisor forums. You might want to try there as well.

Archived