Victoria Whale Watching

Have a couple of questions regarding whale watching tours in Victoria:

I was looking at tour options for our 7/18 port visit to Victoria and was surprised to find no whale watching tours offered through the cruise line --- is there a reason for this?

We are in port from 9 AM to 6 PM and are considering the Orca Spirit 10 AM tour --- is this doable --- we are on RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas. I know there is a 1 PM tour available but prefer the earlier one because we want to spend some time exploring Victoria.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I can think of no reason why your ship would not offer a whale watching excursion other than perhaps they haven't completed arrangements with their vendor ofr next season. Orca Spirit and Eagle Wing operate out of Fisherman's Wharf which is a 10/15 walk from the cruise terminal and both are excellent operators. Post tour you are about 10 mins to downtown Victoria and if you wish you can take a cab back from downtown to the cruise terminal for about $10.

I can think of no reason why your ship would not offer a whale watching excursion other than perhaps they haven't completed arrangements with their vendor ofr next season. Orca Spirit and Eagle Wing operate out of Fisherman's Wharf which is a 10/15 walk from the cruise terminal and both are excellent operators. Post tour you are about 10 mins to downtown Victoria and if you wish you can take a cab back from downtown to the cruise terminal for about $10.

I thought it was strange that the cruise line wouldn't post a whale watching tour. All the excursions came up today so when I looked, and didn't see a whale watch, it surprised me.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the feedback.

Archived