Best beach areas on 7 Mile Beach?

herecomesthesun

Which is the best beach area on 7 Mile Beach?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best beach area on 7 Mile Beach?

• Royal Palms
    • Courtyard
    • Sea Grape
    • Other, please explain

I have heard good things about Royal Palms, Sea Grape, and Courtyard, and I was hoping some kind cruisers would give some reviews, to help the rest of us decide where to go. :)

Some questions: What was the beach like? Did you have to pay for a lounge chair, and if so how much? Did it come with a drink? Were food and drink readily available, and was it expensive? Were there facilities like bathrooms, lockers, and showers? Were they decent? Could you rent waverunners and/or scuba equipment, and how much did it cost? Were the employees friendly?

I voted Courtyard, just because that is where our taxi dropped us off at and we ended up staying. It is adjacent to Sea Grape the main facilities are probably 1000 feet apart or so. Chairs cost $10.00 per person and included a beverage (soda or water). There were food and drinks available at both places. Courtyard also had an outdoor shower to get the sand off and bathrooms easily available. Both had water sport rentals. Although Courtyard (Redsail) was not renting the day we were there, we walked to Sea Grape and were able to rent the waverunners. Cost was $65.00 per 1/2 hour. They both had food, but we did not eat there. I do remember it being a little pricey, but not certain of exact costs.

Everything is expensive in Grand Cayman. And if prices are in Cayman dollars you can multiply by 1.25 to get to US dollars.

Courtyard has fewer people than Sea Grape. I like the bar (Calico Jacks) at Sea Grape better. Both have food, booze, bathrooms...

Sea Grape Cafe is at Courtyard (huh?).

I have the menus and lots of other Grand Cayman photos here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=159999

If you download the menus or any others, they should come out whopper sized so you can read without squinting.

I got the conch fritters at Sea Grape Cafe last time and it will be the last time for those. Tasted good, nothing wrong with them, just the hamburger and probably everything else looked like better value. Maybe see what others are served before you decide what to order yourself.

Courtyard adds tax and TIP, where as tip is not included at Cactus Jacks.

That should get you started.

i'm going to do the stingray sandbar tour. After that i was wondering if there were taxi's near by that i can just have them drop me off at the beach possibly sea grape's. Also what time should u get back to catch the tender back to the ship

Which beach is the best? That's a tough question because there are so many good beaches all along Seven Mile Beach...I mean the sand is the same and the water is fab wherever you go. The facilities and staff are probably the only difference and that depends upon taste too. We've been to Grand Cayman a few times and are always looking for a nice beach so we tried Sea Grape last time. We'd read some great write ups and also a few that said it was crowded and pricey but we gave them a try. The day we went it wasn't crowded at all. The staff was friendly and attentive and the place was clean. The food was GREAT and the drinks were cold! They are a little pricey but like zydecocruiser stated everything is pricey in Grand Cayman. Of the beaches I've been to in GC Sea Grape gets my vote!

RD

We just got back from the Stringray thing and it was the most excellent time . We took the Moby Dick Tours. Mark and Captian Zack took us on the most an adventure of the ages. We were met at the dock and told what time to meet the for the bus ride out. 15 miniutes to the boat and away you go. half hour boat ride and you are to Stingray City. The lads anchor and jump off the boat . Stringays come to them like little puppy dogs, ok some are not so little. Mark and Zack showed us what to do on the way out. Like how to feed the stringays and a lot of other tips. Did you know kissing a Stringray gives you 7 years of good luck? So the tale is told. They then took us to a reef where you snorkeled in some of the clearest waters I have ever seen. On the way back they dropped us off at the Palm's on 7 mile beach. Ever nice there and the chairs don't cost if you drink from their pub. Nice beach and a great atmosphere. After that we when downtown to an other little pub that they said was good too. Back to the ship and do the pre dinner nap lol

bill

i'm going to do the stingray sandbar tour. After that i was wondering if there were taxi's near by that i can just have them drop me off at the beach possibly sea grape's. Also what time should u get back to catch the tender back to the ship

Usually the tour provider will drop you there if you want, if not, there are plenty of taxis downtown waiting to take you anywhere you want to go. Taxis line up waiting to take people from the beach to downtown. Usually about $4 per person. I would suggest being back at least 1/2 hour prior to the last tender time and that is usually ship specific, meaning each ship leaves at different times.

Archived