Oasis or Allure category C2

cruisue

Looking at category C2 on Oasis ("a balcony on the inside) that overlooks Central Park. The price for these cabins is about $300 per person cheaper than the "promenade" inside cabins. Does anyone have any info on why these C2 cabins are so much cheaper? They look good to me, looks like you can come out on your balcony and look over to see Central Park. Has anyone stayed in one of these?

Looking at category C2 on Oasis ("a balcony on the inside) that overlooks Central Park. The price for these cabins is about $300 per person cheaper than the "promenade" inside cabins. Does anyone have any info on why these C2 cabins are so much cheaper? They look good to me, looks like you can come out on your balcony and look over to see Central Park. Has anyone stayed in one of these?

The neighborhood balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure are pricing pretty much as interior cabins....why....supply and demand....there are lots and lots of them and the reviews have not been all positive...the common flaw to them is they look across at each other offering little privacy. With that being said I do think there is value to these cabins when priced close to interiors....actually if you are D or above, they sometimes price out even less than an interior after your balcony discount. They still offer you a balcony as well as natural light....IMO that's better than an interior cabin. As for pricing compared to the promenade cabins...there are very very few of them...just like the Boardwalk "view" cabins without balconies, so the price seems to remain high.....again...supply and demand. Bottom line....there is nothing wrong with the neighborhood balcony cabins...just not everyone's cup of tea and most people who are booking a balcony want an ocean view....not an interior view looking across at other people.

The neighborhood balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure are pricing pretty much as interior cabins....why....supply and demand....there are lots and lots of them and the reviews have not been all positive...the common flaw to them is they look across at each other offering little privacy. With that being said I do think there is value to these cabins when priced close to interiors....actually if you are D or above, they sometimes price out even less than an interior after your balcony discount. They still offer you a balcony as well as natural light....IMO that's better than an interior cabin. As for pricing compared to the promenade cabins...there are very very few of them...just like the Boardwalk "view" cabins without balconies, so the price seems to remain high.....again...supply and demand. Bottom line....there is nothing wrong with the neighborhood balcony cabins...just not everyone's cup of tea and most people who are booking a balcony want an ocean view....not an interior view looking across at other people.

Yeah, as bajathree said, it's got a lot to do with demand. Compared to the Freedom class there just aren't that many promenade cabins. A lot of families like to get balcony rooms with a promenade cabin across the hall to put the kids in. I would suspect that the central park cabins with promenade cabins across the way go faster than the other central park cabins.

I, personally, would take an Oasis/Allure central park cabin over a promenade cabin because I love the natural light and don't really care that there is a 'neighbor' or two (or three or four...) that can look in through the balcony door.

As has already been said, if I want a balcony cabin then I want to see the sea!

Central Park is very beautiful, particularly at night, when it is very quiet, but on our Oasis cruise it was like a wind tunnel, with strong winds most days, so maybe that puts people off, as it could be windy sitting on your balcony.

We have also heard that, during the day, noise from the swimming pool deck above (music, kids screaming etc.) could be distracting if you want to sit quietly and read a book, for instance.

We rarely saw anyone actually sitting on their balconies, so maybe these reasons plus the lack of privacy, put people off.

However, I would also choose a Central Park Balcony cabin in preference to a Promenade cabin, as you do get natural light and fresh air if you want it.

Archived