Celebrity Eclispes or Grand princess for Caribbean cruies in Jan?

brenjmull2

I believe the Grand Princess you're looking at is actually a B2B. May or may not matter to you.

In general, for us, I'd pick the one with more ports we have not been to. If the ports didn't make much difference, I'd pick the ship we haven't been on.

Haven't been on Celebrity (yet), but from what I've read, there's nothing that would discourage me from Celebrity. We've been on 3 different Grand class ships (incl the Grand Princess) and enjoyed them. For us, if I'm looking at the cruises you're looking at (not sure), Celebrity goes to more non-repeat ports, and we've never been on the Eclipse, so if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the Eclipse.

But then we're non-denominational as far as cruise line. If we were trying to build up frequent-cruiser status, or were looking for a product we're comfortable with, we'd probably pick Princess.

Celebrity has a stricter smoking policy than Princess (though not by much) if that matters to you.

I always believe if you find a cruise that works well for you and it is on a cruise line that might work for you but you have never sailed it think about doing it. I have sailed both lines and find that Celebrity is a notch or two above Princess and their new fleet of ships including the Eclipse is highly regarded.

So, if it was me I would book the Celebrity Cruise.

Keith

Archived