Sun Class AC minisuites

can786

We are planning to book the Sea Princess for July, 2006 (we will be on the Golden in ten days and will do an onboard booking). A firend is now interested in joining us, in which case we will book an AC minisuite since none of us want to have three in a regular cabin. I understand that the sun class minis are more like a full suite on the grand class. I have a few questions regarding the AC minis:

1. The brochure says queen size bed in the bedroom area. Can this be made into twins? We would be three women and we really don't want to share a bed.

2. The floor plan looks like it is a split bath with a door between the shower area and the toilet/sink area. Is this truly the case? If so, it would be very helpful with three in the cabin.

3. Besides the balcony and the fact that the ABs are aft, is there any significant difference in the AC and the AB minisuite cabins?

Thanks in advance for your help.

we tried to get an AB for our Feb. cruise on the sun and they were gone quick as a wink and we booked over a year out, the AC's look very nice but the balcony is very narrow and long, I wish we could get an AB and if it is possible I would go for that as the price difference is nominal

We are planning to book the Sea Princess for July, 2006 (we will be on the Golden in ten days and will do an onboard booking). A firend is now interested in joining us, in which case we will book an AC minisuite since none of us want to have three in a regular cabin. I understand that the sun class minis are more like a full suite on the grand class. I have a few questions regarding the AC minis:

1. The brochure says queen size bed in the bedroom area. Can this be made into twins? We would be three women and we really don't want to share a bed.

2. The floor plan looks like it is a split bath with a door between the shower area and the toilet/sink area. Is this truly the case? If so, it would be very helpful with three in the cabin.

3. Besides the balcony and the fact that the ABs are aft, is there any significant difference in the AC and the AB minisuite cabins?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello, DH and I have stayed in the Dawn's (sister to the Sea) AC minis twice and LOVED them.

1) I'm pretty sure the beds can be made into twins and the couch is more than big enough for a single person.

2) There is indeed a split bath - very nice.

3) The balcony is long and narrow on the AC. There are two separate rooms and a privacy curtain and access to the balcony from either room.

Check out my photos for a better idea of the layout. And I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

The AB's are a bit different in their layout compared to the AC's on the Sun Class. But they do still have the split bathroom with a door between the shower/tub area and the sink and facilities. Very nice layout if you are sharing the cabin, especially with three of you. Both have a curtain that can seperate the sitting area/sofa bed from the regular sleeping area. If you are interested in booking an AB aft definitely do it quickly as they are selling out very fast, even the AC's are going like they are on a clearence sale for the Sea Princess. One thing we did notice about the AC's walk in closet, it just isn't very large. Just with the two of us in the cabin it was difficult to find room for everything in there.

I do know the AC's can have either twin or queen bed configuration and I am pretty sure the AB's do also. Most beds on cruise ships will split into twins.

One thing about the Sea is that these new itinerarys they are coming up with are bringing the bookings at full speed the first few weeks they open up. So, don't waste any time if you have a particular cabin in mind, if you blink, it just might be gone.

Best of Luck and enjoy your cruise.

Edited to add: Here is another site for pics of the AC's on the Sun, which should be exactly the same on the Sea Princess. http://community.webshots.com/album/133123604noDdgi

Thanks for the answers, and the pictures are great. I'm hoping this friend will definitely join us so we can get the minisuite. If it's just my mom and me we will just book a balcony cabin rather than the minisuite. We're planning to book once we get onboard the Golden in 10 days. We have sailed on the old Crown Princess as well as the Star and Royal Princess and have enjoyed them all. We are looking forward to trying the Sun class ships as we kind of prefer the smaller ships, though after being on a 150 passenger European riverboat cruise last year it seem funny to call the Sea Princess small!

Archived