NCL STAR review ~ Sept. 30th - Oct 7th

family cruisers

Thanks for your review. I just got off the ship yesterday and I posted a report on my pigging out because this cruise was definitely about the food. I've never gone to any La Cucinas and your report reinforces my decision. I agree about the burgers at Blue Lagoon. They were exceptional as were the fish & chips. The Blue Lagoon was right down the hall from my cabin so it was a favorite hangout. Not just for eating, but for listening to music in the atrium. They had those nice hold upholstered chairs by the bar and with our weather being so awful, was a great place to spend time reading my Kindle too. A new downfall was discovering the almond danish that were sitting out at the cafe in the atrium in the morning. I did eat breakfast pretty early so an 11:00 am coffee seemed the thing to do, except I didn't expect to also scoff down a few of those bad boys. The white chocolate chip cookies set out later were also wicked. I toyed with the room service menu a few times but I never did.

The Blue lagoon area is also a great spot to watch the NFL football games. We watched my GMEN onboard in the atrium but looking up they had great seats looking down at that big movie screen they pulled down to watch the game.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise/food as much as we did.

Carrie

Thanks for your review. I just got off the ship yesterday and I posted a report on my pigging out because this cruise was definitely about the food. I've never gone to any La Cucinas and your report reinforces my decision. I agree about the burgers at Blue Lagoon. They were exceptional as were the fish & chips. The Blue Lagoon was right down the hall from my cabin so it was a favorite hangout. Not just for eating, but for listening to music in the atrium. They had those nice hold upholstered chairs by the bar and with our weather being so awful, was a great place to spend time reading my Kindle too. A new downfall was discovering the almond danish that were sitting out at the cafe in the atrium in the morning. I did eat breakfast pretty early so an 11:00 am coffee seemed the thing to do, except I didn't expect to also scoff down a few of those bad boys. The white chocolate chip cookies set out later were also wicked. I toyed with the room service menu a few times but I never did.

Archived