Carnival liberty - questions answered

ashleyunf

I will be getting married on the Carnival Liberty on December 1. I finally got to go today and do a ship tour/ inspection. it was awesome! I highly recommend that if you have the ability to do a tour prior to your wedding to do it.

There were three weddings on board today all different sizes, so I was able to see how the coordinators organize everything, and how your guests will feel and the information they will get that day. I did the inspection with my mother and one of our family friends.

We arrived at the port as the guests for the wedding were arriving. A note here...it is a little crazy at the port because at the time you and your guests will be arriving the past passengers are getting off the ship, getting taxis, luggage, etc. so for us they say be at the port at 1030, but I am going to make arrangements for my guests to be there by 10.

Fr guests that are not sailing, the process is easy their names are on a list that you submit, when then walk in their names are matched with the list and the proceed directly through security and up to the special occasion lounge. At the port of Miami the were two carnival staff members at the top of the escalator asking people if they were with a wedding and they had signs wedding guests please check in here.

I am not sure about sailing guest their process but I assume it is similar except for having to get their sign and sail cards. Ten everyone is in a waiting area mingling and you meet with your coordinator. They review the whole day give your guests maps of the ship with the time of your ceremony on it and what time they need to be in the room. Once the ship clears customs your coordinator takes you on board.

The coordinators that were there today, took the stuff the bride wanted set up at the reception and ceremony and set it up for her while she was whisked away to her room to get ready. The guests all seemed to go to the lido deck for lunch. I was told by the coordinators to take of my guest badge and enjoy some lunch today and to tell my guests that the day of the wedding. She also told me she would deny saying that...just and FYI.

After we had some lunch and let me tell you the food was great especially the guy feriri burgers. We went back and watched a couple of the ceremonies. I also watched the other weddings waiting. One of them the photographer had just come from the brides room and was taking pictures of the guests waiting which I think would be nice.

All the rooms were beautiful and I can say that right now this is going to be a long 49 day wait for my wedding day, I was able to see how everything is going to go and it answered so many of my questions.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, but this was such a great experience and I know my wedding will be just as good.

That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing this information. I'm getting married on the Carnival Imagination out of Miami, so a different ship, but this information was helpful, nonetheless.

When they let you observe the weddings, did they ask the bride and groom first if it would be ok? On the one hand, I think I'd be a bit hesitant to have strangers at my wedding, but I'd also view it as helping another cruise bride out. The verdict is still out on that one.

Twin A- since we were sitting in the waiting area with the weddings I got to talk to the brides and one did say well come on in and see how things worked out. But since I was trying to see how everything would work I didnt go in the rooms while the ceremonies and receptions went onm, I just stood outside and observed. This also allowed me to see the other wedding party waiting and what was happening with them.

I understand being torn between letting a stranger in, but I would totally do it, I figure I have to pay it forward.

I was told that you were in the Victoria Lounge for your ceremony. I checked because we want lots of family pics in the ceremony room...Ceremony is at 1:30.

I think we're going to have a problem then - we're at 1:30 in the Tapestry room as well!!! They had originally assigned us the Victoria Lounge, but we had requested the Tapestry room and they told us it was available but had put us in the lounge because it was closer to the Piano Man for our reception. Maybe they've actually scheduled us for the Lounge even though our confirmation letter says it's in Tapestry??

Archived