Upgrades

JayDee1978

On my first two cruises I was upgraded, first cruise from an inside room to a port window, then the second from a balcony to a suite. I booked through tickets and travel on the Air Force base I was stationed at. On the next two cruises and this current cruise Im about to leave on, no upgrades and I used a PVP from carnival. Is this just coincidence or is there something in using my base TA? Anyone else have any experience or knowledge in this area. Thanks!!!

First off, you cannot name the TA you booked with here on CC, not that I care.

Ive never been upgraded for free and I have over 20 cruises with Carnival both with TAs and with a PVP .. maybe I have in a way .. but prices dropped on conquest so some of us got OBC and some got upgraded.

Ive never been upgraded for free and I have over 20 cruises with Carnival both with TAs and with a PVP .. maybe I have in a way .. but prices dropped on conquest so some of us got OBC and some got upgraded.

I didnt name a TA???

Anyway, maybe its just a coincidence? I think the next cruise I'm going to go back to what I did first to test this theory!

On my first two cruises I was upgraded, first cruise from an inside room to a port window, then the second from a balcony to a suite. I booked through tickets and travel on the Air Force base I was stationed at. On the next two cruises and this current cruise Im about to leave on, no upgrades and I used a PVP from carnival. Is this just coincidence or is there something in using my base TA? Anyone else have any experience or knowledge in this area. Thanks!!!

It's just a coincidence. I've been upgraded for free many times by booking GTY cabins (balcony to balcony on higher decks and one balcony to suite). I paid a nominal fee for an upgrade to a suite from a balcony cabin when the price dropped after final payment and I couldn't get an OBC. It doesn't matter with whom you book your trip. I've booked with Carnival, outside TA and my warehouse price club.

Tickets and travel or the MWR is a place on military installations were people like my self and the OP go to book travel or get tickets for concerts, theme parks and such at the best possible price for the military community. They were not naming a TA.

In response to your question OP, do yout book a guarantee cabin? If so maybe that is why you get upgrades.

It's just a coincidence. I've been upgraded for free many times by booking GTY cabins (balcony to balcony on higher decks and one balcony to suite). I paid a nominal fee for an upgrade to a suite from a balcony cabin when the price dropped after final payment and I couldn't get an OBC. It doesn't matter with whom you book your trip. I've booked with Carnival, outside TA and my warehouse price club.

Oh ok, thanks. I was hoping it wasnt just coincidence but at least I did get those free upgrades:D

Archived