Possible to do Hell, Stingrays, & turtlefarm?

jules316

I will be tendered in Grand Cayman from 8am-4pm in December. Is it possible to do stingrays, and still have time to go to Hell and turtle farm? Or should we pick one or the other? Also, how long does it usually take to get off the ship & onto land (RCCL Freedom)? It has been 11 years since I've taken a cruise that tenders vs dock! Thanks!:D

I will be tendered in Grand Cayman from 8am-4pm in December. Is it possible to do stingrays, and still have time to go to Hell and turtle farm? Or should we pick one or the other? Also, how long does it usually take to get off the ship & onto land (RCCL Freedom)? It has been 11 years since I've taken a cruise that tenders vs dock! Thanks!:D

My family has booked going to all three of these places through Capt. Marvin's. and we are also in port from 8-4. It is actually set up as two different excursions through them, but we will go to the turtle farm and Hell first then they will take us directly to the dock to get a boat to Stingray City.

They were very responsive when I emailed them and have good reviews. I would let you know how it goes, but we are also going in December :D

We did all 3 with Captain Marvin. After our Stingray City junket he had a van and guide waiting for us at his dock and off to Hell we went. After Hell we went to the turtle farm which is extremely interesting. Hell is hell, glad we went, mailed a few letters to friends from Hell "wishing that they were here", I bought a t-shirt and DW a fridge magnet....but there is not a lot in Hell; then we were taken back to the pier. It was a good time. Enjoy.

We did all 3 with Captain Marvin. After our Stingray City junket he had a van and guide waiting for us at his dock and off to Hell we went. After Hell we went to the turtle farm which is extremely interesting. Hell is hell, glad we went, mailed a few letters to friends from Hell "wishing that they were here", I bought a t-shirt and DW a fridge magnet....but there is not a lot in Hell; then we were taken back to the pier. It was a good time. Enjoy.

Did you feel you had enough time at the Turtle farm? I hear you could spend an entire day there. Is it worth giving up stingrays for the kids in order to spend more time at Turtle farm? Thanks for the info!!

My family has booked going to all three of these places through Capt. Marvin's. and we are also in port from 8-4. It is actually set up as two different excursions through them, but we will go to the turtle farm and Hell first then they will take us directly to the dock to get a boat to Stingray City.

They were very responsive when I emailed them and have good reviews. I would let you know how it goes, but we are also going in December :D

Thanks! How much for each excursion? We are cruising RCCL Freedom on 12/9. How about you?

Did you feel you had enough time at the Turtle farm? I hear you could spend an entire day there. Is it worth giving up stingrays for the kids in order to spend more time at Turtle farm? Thanks for the info!!

Depending on the ages of your children they should love Stingray City, the boat ride and so forth. The turtle farm will be a real kick for the children as well but it is more observation then anything and they may become board after an hour or so. They will likely be given the chance to hold a juvenile turtle but that is the only interactive thing....but it is very educational for young and old.

You could give a pass to Hell if time is short, it really only consists of some lava formations, a general store, post office and an old motel.

This from a grandfather of 3 children...aged 3, 5 and 9.

Thanks! How much for each excursion? We are cruising RCCL Freedom on 12/9. How about you?

The two-stop stingray and snorkeling trip is $38 if you pay with a credit card and $35 if you pay with cash. The Hell and Turtle Farm trip is $30 either way you pay for it.

We are cruising on the Carnival Valor on 12/16. A week behind you! We'll be getting on as your getting off. :)

The kids will most likely love stingray city more than the turtle farm or hell. We did stingray city on two cruises because it was so cool. We skipped the turtle farm and hell the second time. The turtles are great to see and you get to hold a young turtle, but it's pretty much just watching them swim in tanks. Hell is cool to see for about 5 minutes, the rock formations that is, but kind of boring.

Archived