Queen Victoria - life after being fixed

Static events

I am going on the QV this Wednesday 17th October, as I understand it she is currently being fixed as one of her pods have failed. Do you think whilst she is in the dry dock she would have undergone a small refit/revamp? To me it would make sense rather than taking the ship out of service again at a later stage.

Lastly this is my first cruise with Cunard so wish me luck. :D :eek:

I am going on the QV this Wednesday 17th October, as I understand it she is currently being fixed as one of her pods have failed. Do you think whilst she is in the dry dock she would have undergone a small refit/revamp? To me it would make sense rather than taking the ship out of service again at a later stage.

Just got off QV on 3 October the day before she headed for Bremerhaven and the dry dock. Throughout our entire 20 night cruise there wasn't the slightest sign of any problem with the propulstion system. In fact, on most sea days she managed to cruise comfortably at 20 knots or so. Talking to our Cabin Steward it seems that most of the crew were remaining onboard throughout the dry docking and there was going to be some intensive cleaning and general tidying, but I don't think any other refit type work was going to be done. Several German engineers were also onboard throughout that cruise and I would guess that they were doing as much preliminary work as they could before the ship got to Brermerhaven.

You won't need any luck - go with an open mind, remember you're on holiday, and you will have a ball. :D:D

J

The good news is that she will be there for you as Marine Traffic shows an ETA of 1215 today at Southampton. She has been doing 23.7 knots through the Dover Straits so either they ae testing the engines or she has been supercharged!!:)

The good news is that she will be there for you as Marine Traffic shows an ETA of 1215 today at Southampton. She has been doing 23.7 knots through the Dover Straits so either they ae testing the engines or she has been supercharged!!:)

Wow that is pretty quick! I am going to look it up on the ipad ship finder app now. :eek:

Archived