Sheraton or Blue Lagoon

gfofindycruisevirgin

I would look at how long you will be in Nassau and what you want to do for a beach day. With Blue Lagoon you have to ferry over there and back with set times and with Sherton jump on the #10 jitney or taxi there. Blue Lagoon includes lunch but its $50+ and Sheraton is $25 no lunch. Blue Lagoon look more fun for kids but Sheraton does have some fun things too.

Yes, I did notice the prices. We will have my two kids (6 and 9) and Blue Lagoon sounded like fun, as it seemed like there may be more for them to do there. I'd like to spend all day on the beach, but I think the kids would get bored. We are in Nassau from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., so we have quite some time. :)

I just can't decide. How much is the food/concessions at Sheraton? Is it comparable to Blue Lagoon's "price" for lunch?

I was looking at Blue Lagoon in the early planning stages of our cruise. This is their ferry schedule.

Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

I am not sure that will work for you. Check with the cruise to see if you can book it through them is you really want to go. Otherwise the return ferry time won't work. I fouond this information on the reservation page of the Blue Lagoon website.

The Sheraton has a big inflatable slide and a few other things.

I was looking at Blue Lagoon in the early planning stages of our cruise. This is their ferry schedule.

Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

I am not sure that will work for you. Check with the cruise to see if you can book it through them is you really want to go. Otherwise the return ferry time won't work. I fouond this information on the reservation page of the Blue Lagoon website.

The Sheraton has a big inflatable slide and a few other things.

Actually, it would work for us. We have until 1:00 a.m. We could be there as early as 8:30 until 4:00.

Thanks for the info!

Is there a "time limit" at the Sheraton?

Sorry I miss read am and pm. I think the Sheraton is until dusk. Food is pricey but the quanties are large based on what I have reseached. I will be there at the end of the month. If your kids are good swimmers I would do Blue Lagoon. There are a couple of great videos on Youtube of Blue Lagoon. It is a two parter by a woman and her two kids that covers a lot of the area. The first is mostly scenery and the 2nd part has video of the blow ups and the beach area. I would watch those before making up your mind. The 2nd video is a little strange in the first few minutes but it gets better so stick with it.

These are the web addresses of the videos.

. If your kids are good swimmers I would do Blue Lagoon. There are a couple of great videos on Youtube of Blue Lagoon. It is a two parter by a woman and her two kids that covers a lot of the area. The first is mostly scenery and the 2nd part has video of the blow ups and the beach area. I would watch those before making up your mind. The 2nd video is a little strange in the first few minutes but it gets better so stick with it.

You're kids don't have to be good swimmers to enjoy either beach.

BLue Lagoon is quite shallow.. perfect for little swimmer and those who just want to wade..

Sorry I miss read am and pm. I think the Sheraton is until dusk. Food is pricey but the quanties are large based on what I have reseached. I will be there at the end of the month. If your kids are good swimmers I would do Blue Lagoon. There are a couple of great videos on Youtube of Blue Lagoon. It is a two parter by a woman and her two kids that covers a lot of the area. The first is mostly scenery and the 2nd part has video of the blow ups and the beach area. I would watch those before making up your mind. The 2nd video is a little strange in the first few minutes but it gets better so stick with it.

No worries! Thank you for the links...it is beautiful!

Scubagirl....what do you know about Cabbage Beach?

Cabbage Beach can be a great beach. It's a wide stretch of public beach next to the RIU/Atlantis.

There are no amenities, restrooms etc, but you can rent chairs and umbrellas.. and locals sell water and rum drinks.

Due to construction, this beach has had some problems with erosion and has a serious drop off at the shore line. It's not for little ones who can get easily swept into the water.

If there is a storm in the are.. the waters here get quite rough and are red flagged (no swimming).

Most older kids and young adults like it because it has more of a fun factor (waves) than the calmer beaches like Cable or Inner Harbor.

This time of year.. it's closed often due to tropical storms in the air.

Jetski's (not recommended), parasailing and banana boat rides are available from independent operators from this beach. Most of these Jetski guys are con men and cheats, so be ware... vehicles are not insured, and we have plenty of terrible accidents and incidents reported... some fatal.

We took my 8 year old who wasn't a great swimmer at the time to the blue lagoon and she had the time of her life. She wore herself out and slept the entire boat ride back on my lap. The island is beautiful, the lagoon is pretty shallow, and there is a playground and water toys to keep the kiddies entertained all day. You can also walk over and look at the dolphins and sea lions without having to pay for the encounter.

Cabbage Beach can be a great beach. It's a wide stretch of public beach next to the RIU/Atlantis.

There are no amenities, restrooms etc, but you can rent chairs and umbrellas.. and locals sell water and rum drinks.

Due to construction, this beach has had some problems with erosion and has a serious drop off at the shore line. It's not for little ones who can get easily swept into the water.

If there is a storm in the are.. the waters here get quite rough and are red flagged (no swimming).

Most older kids and young adults like it because it has more of a fun factor (waves) than the calmer beaches like Cable or Inner Harbor.

This time of year.. it's closed often due to tropical storms in the air.

Jetski's (not recommended), parasailing and banana boat rides are available from independent operators from this beach. Most of these Jetski guys are con men and cheats, so be ware... vehicles are not insured, and we have plenty of terrible accidents and incidents reported... some fatal.

YIKES! Glad I asked...knocking that one off the list!

Does Blue Lagoon and/or Junkanoo have some waves? My kids really liked the waves at Clearwater Beach today.

We took my 8 year old who wasn't a great swimmer at the time to the blue lagoon and she had the time of her life. She wore herself out and slept the entire boat ride back on my lap. The island is beautiful, the lagoon is pretty shallow, and there is a playground and water toys to keep the kiddies entertained all day. You can also walk over and look at the dolphins and sea lions without having to pay for the encounter.

It sounds and looks great! Thanks! Did you have any waves there?

We were thinking of doing Sheraton instead of going to Atlantis. I did not see anything on RCI's shore excursion page. How do we go about booking it ? Thanks in advance .

you'd book directly through the sheraton. i'm also researching this option for my family. i found a press release from this past june with some information on their options:

http://www.sheratonnassau.com/assets/u/CruiseDayPassFINAL.pdf

Well we didn't make it to the Sheraton or the Blue Lagoon, but will DEFINITELY try for one of the two next time. We spent most of the day shopping in Nassau, and by the time we were done, there wasn't much daylight left. So, we just walked over to the free Junkanoo Beach. I wouldn't recommend this beach. It is inland and is extremely rocky and rusty bottlecaps everywhere. And...the worst moment of my life...there was a shark in the water with us....2 feet from my 9-year-old son! Thankfully we all made it out of the water, but will definitely think twice about going into any ocean from now on. :( Good thing we had a GREAT beach experience in Freeport at Junkanoo Beach there. MUCH nicer and clean!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just did the Sheraton Day Pass while in Nassau aboard the NCL Sky on 12/5. Price is now $30. It was very easy, pay at the front desk, get a wrist-band, and enjoy the pool and beach. I think its a great alternative to the $120 day pass at Atlantis for those just looking to soak in some sun while in Nassau.

For the poster before me, I did not see a trampoline there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I am going in April 2013 with three kids and hubby. Kids will be 9, almost 7 and almost 5. We are deciding between Sheraton, Blue Lagoon and the pirate tour.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are at Sheraton and Blue Lagoon and what they include? I am looking at all these different sites (Carnival website and posts on the board) and nothing is clear. What exactly is included. Everything I see is "for an extra fee, you can...."

Thanks so much!

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I am going in April 2013 with three kids and hubby. Kids will be 9, almost 7 and almost 5. We are deciding between Sheraton, Blue Lagoon and the pirate tour.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are at Sheraton and Blue Lagoon and what they include? I am looking at all these different sites (Carnival website and posts on the board) and nothing is clear. What exactly is included. Everything I see is "for an extra fee, you can...."

Thanks so much!

I was just at The Sheraton and it was 30.00 per adult and half price for kids up to 12. They did have a basketball court and ping pong table which our kids did for the most part. The water was cold and no kinds of water toys. Had we had more daylight time in port I would have gone to Blue Lagoon without a doubt. Here is their site where you can find prices etc: http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

We also did the ships Pirates tour a few years ago. Ours had a island tour with it and we hated it. We got rerouted on our ship so made a decision in haste. You can walk to the Pirate Museum it's near Senor Frogs.

Archived