Thinking of taking my 1st Carnival Cruise help!

maspaws

I have been on NCL, Celebrity, Princess and Holland America, all are more expensive than Carnival. I somehow got the impression that Carnival is for the young partiers and not older folks. I have talked with a woman on one of my cruises that loves, loves, loves Carnival above all others. She is also older and really talked up the cruise line. My question is for all you Carnival cruisers, how do they compare to others? Is it a good it for older but very active people? I am considering a Mexican Riveria cruise in January the price is so good. But a little worried.

I suggest staying away from the busy times when college kids or families are on board. I like November. There are plenty of old farts, some bratty kids, and everything in between, but the numbers are greatly reduced if you book for the right time.

Which ship and itinerary are you looking at?

I have been on NCL, Celebrity, Princess and Holland America, all are more expensive than Carnival. I somehow got the impression that Carnival is for the young partiers and not older folks. I have talked with a woman on one of my cruises that loves, loves, loves Carnival above all others. She is also older and really talked up the cruise line. My question is for all you Carnival cruisers, how do they compare to others? Is it a good it for older but very active people? I am considering a Mexican Riveria cruise in January the price is so good. But a little worried.

I've cruised with only Carnival and NCL .. Personally I like them both... myself and hubby are both in our early 40's and are very active and are not partiers or big drinkers.

Have a open mind and you'll have a great time

I have just returned from my first Carnival cruise. I had only sailed Royal Caribbean before. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to book on Carnival again. It was a very good experience and above my expectations. I wouldn't pay more for one brand over the other for a compareable ship/destination.

DH and I have sailed both - more on Carnival so far. We LOVE Carnival and we LOVED RCCL. Both have good points - Carnival wins over RCCL on some things, and visa versa.

For the price, usually Carnival beats hands down.

DH and I are in our mid-50s. While on Carnival we have seen all age groups - even people older than us!

Try it!

Archived