Cabin assignment

Baxterburdis

Hi can anyone help......I've had my December 8th cruise booked for over a year now, but a few month back i paid to upgrade from a B1 to a P2 cabin, my paperwork booking confirmation has arrived and it does not have a cabin number on it. However when i was booked in my B1 cabin i had a cabin number and i am now getting worried, as far as i know i have not booked a GTY. Can anyone give me any input and would you reccomend TRYING to get in touch with cunard.

Thanks

Lisa:confused:

Did you pay a special rate for the upgrade or regular fare? If it was a special rate, they probably listed you as GTY. If you paid the regular rate and want a cabin assigned, call them and request it. Did you book directly with Cunard? Some travel agencies book group rates in all categories and don't assign cabins till near sailing. As long as you have something in writing listing P2 as your category, I wouldn't worry. You'll end up in at least a P2 and possibly a P1. If you really luck out, maybe a Q cat. If you get a cabin assigned in P2 now, you can forget about further upgrades. I'd stay put if your booking conf. says Category P or P2.

Chuck

Thanks for the replys, I have contacted cunard and they have advised me that my TA has booked a GTY cabin, i didnt get any special rates and even paid more than the present brochure price as i booked so far in advance (maybe its worth waiting a while longer for the next trip??), as the cruise is a suprise pressie for my hubbies birthday i am a little worried that we will get to New york and after our pre cruise stay there'll be no rooms for us. Has anyone had a GTY room before and did everything go ok.

Also does anyone know if i could pre order champagne etc for while we are on board as it is also our honeymoon on the 15th, and our family would like to order us some.

Thanks

Lisa

Thanks for the replys, I have contacted cunard and they have advised me that my TA has booked a GTY cabin, i didnt get any special rates and even paid more than the present brochure price as i booked so far in advance (maybe its worth waiting a while longer for the next trip??), as the cruise is a suprise pressie for my hubbies birthday i am a little worried that we will get to New york and after our pre cruise stay there'll be no rooms for us. Has anyone had a GTY room before and did everything go ok.

Also does anyone know if i could pre order champagne etc for while we are on board as it is also our honeymoon on the 15th, and our family would like to order us some.

Thanks

Lisa

WE HAD A GTY P-2 LAST APRIL AND RECIEVED A P-1 ON BOARDING . YOU WILL RECIEVE 1-BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE IN YOUR ROOM COMPLIMETARY. ORDERS FOR OTHER GIFT ITEMS ARE REQUESTED 4-6 WEEKS PRIOR TO SAILING. CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PLACE ORDER. ENJOY!!! BONVOYAGE

Archived