Hmm... Back Order on Stateroom Decorations

SmileEh

This seems bizzare... I went on Carnival's website to order the "Stateroom Decoration - Happy Birthday" but they only have the options to choose from (Happy Anniversary, Bon Voyage, Congratulations and Miss Quince)... so I called Carnival and the Bon Voyage Department told me that the Happy Birthday is on back order and I should continue to check the website as it will eventually be available again... has anybody ever heard of this as it seems strange to me?

I too am in need of these decorations for our April cruise. When I first booked back in September it was available but since the start of October I have not seen it on the list.

I check everyday, I am sure it is just like excursions. We wanted a certain one for our September cruise and when I went to go buy it, it seemed to have disappeared. But, I kept checking and sure enough 2 weeks later it was there. Hopefully your cruise is not in the near future and you can get it soon.

I would think birthday's are a bit more popular then anniversaries, honeymoons etc..

As the costumer service rep said just keep checking. I know I will be.

• 2 weeks later...
I already bought a Happy Birthday one for my dad for our cruise on Sunday. I hope it's available! I'd be really disappointed if it's not there for my dad when he leaves on his first cruise!

I bought them for my kids room on our cruise in a few weeks. When I noticed them missing from the website, I called. I was told to call a week before and they let me know if they will be available. I think they need a better system. Once they are bought by someone, they should remove them from the inventory. I purchased these back in May and if someone bought them after I did and sails before me doesn't mean they should get them and I shouldn't :mad:

They did this to me last year when we ordered them for a friends birthday on the Imagination. Luckily I read that they were out here on Cruise Critic or I wouldn't have known. We went with Congratulations (as in Congrats on getting old ;)) instead just so the room would be decorated for her. She enjoyed them but Happy Birthday would have been so much better.

• 1 month later...

well after two months of checking the website every singe day I'm glad to report that the "Happy Birthday Stateroom Decorations" are finally available for purchase and that's just what I did... my fiance will have a big smile on his face when he walks into our stateroom and see's that I had it decorated... only 31 more days until we sail... I'm getting excited!

We tried to order stateroom decoration last cruise on the Valor and didn't find out until we got into our room, with a letter (my wife tried to decorate the room for me) addressed to me, that they were out of decorations.

Apparently the company they contract with sometimes has issues replenishing stock.

Archived