Do the Adventure Ocean staff help the little ones use the restroom?

Chicky2181

To what extent do the Adevnture Ocean staff help out the 3-5 year old with going to the bathroom? I know they have to be fully potty trained and out of diapers/pull-ups, but at that age they still need some help. Especially with pulling up their pants and doing zippers or buttons.

They are not permitted to help at all with anything. To them, fully potty trained means the child must be able to pull pants down and up and wipe independently. Suggest you use pants with elastic waistband that are easy to take down and pull up.

We are currently encouraging our 3yr old to be more independent in that regard for our upcoming cruise. Just wondering, do they have the little people size toilets?

hello sailed on independence in april my daughter was 4 at the time. the toilets were sized for children and agree with the earlier post the staff are not allowed to help with any part of the toilet process. on indy the toilets were just off the main room in adventure ocean so they didnt have to leave the area to go to the toilet.(if that makes sense!)

trudy

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed the Allure and our son was turning 3 the following week. They had to "test" his potty training skills at the nursery first and they decided he was good to go to the Aquanauts. They can not help at all and they can't go in the washrooms with them. The toilets are all kid size and very accessible. They did tell me to ensure he had easy clothes to pull on and off. He did great and had a fabulous time. We were handed a cell phone for them to reach us if needed. As he was with my 5 yr old twins, i'm sure it also helped. They only called us once as he was too tired one evening.

THey all had a great time and we have already booked our next vacation on RCI and will use the service even more.

Archived