Q For Those Who Booked Moby Dicks Tour

keishashadow

I notice on their website they reference:

1) "help with taking your own photographs".Before I email them, thought I'd check here to see what said help entails (onboard or in water). The price of the photo CDs many of the operators offer is rather expensive, was thinking if they're willing to snap a shot of us feeding the rays, it'd be a tipping point for us. Nativeway didn't accommodate us during our tour as to taking pictures. Not sure if it's there policy or it was a staff decision.

2) "Can I get dropped at Seven Mile Beach on the way back how does that work?

The bus goes back into town after the tour and run along SMB. To get back to the town/port from there take a taxis $5 or bus $2 a head. It’s a 10 minute journey and there is lots of transport."

Again, wondering if anybody has been dropped off after their rays tour and if it went smoothly grabbing a cab back to port.

We used nativeway last time and loved the excursion but really not interested in visiting rum point again.

Captain Marvins is another option for us this time as they have a optional trip that does another restaurant in harbor near rum point Kaibo and it includes the rays, two snorkle stops (including conch dive during our visit) for $75.

We took the Moby Dick stingray tour this past March. To answer your questions:

#1: DH and myself took photos of each other from the boat and did not ask for help taking photos, but did see that the crew member who stayed onboard was taking photos for people who were in the water using their cameras, not a ship camera. Also, if you have a waterproof camera, crew members in the water would take pictures for you.

#2: We did not ask to be dropped off at the beach, so can't help you with that one. A few people on our bus did get off at the beach and there were taxis in the area where the bus stopped.

The contact person at Moby Dick will be glad to answer your questions by email. They are very professional and helpful. Highly recommend them !! :)

thanx CruzieSue, good to hear your review. Do you recall approximately how many guests were on the boat with you?

I think around 40-45. I looked on the website and the maximum allowed on the boat is 50. Sounds like a lot of people but it really was not bad at all. There were 4 crew members on the boat as well.

We used Moby Dick Sep 19th of this year. They were great.

Had 19 people on the boat, with 3 guides. So lots of individual attention. Mark helped my daughter hold a sting ray, working with her on how to do it, etc. Nick worked with a lady from another family who was afraid to come into the water. Very patient, and got her in the water with the rays.

As for pictures, yes, they will take your camera and take a picture of you, your family, whatever. Nick got our entire family (4) holding a large ray.

They specifically do not do their own photography, as they don't want to be pushy. I appreciated this tremendously - actually one of the issues I have with cruise lines in general - I cant stand those photographers on the boat.

They will drop you off at 7 mile on the way back, if you so desire.

They have their own bus to take you to/from the cruise pier to the yacht club.

And a minor thing, but they had a white board at the ship pier, where they wrote the name of a person who had reserved, but had not shown up. This was a nice touch in my opinion, in that if that person did show up, they would know 100% that they had missed the tour, instead of standing there wondering.

We used Moby Dick Sep 19th of this year. They were great.

Had 19 people on the boat, with 3 guides. So lots of individual attention. Mark helped my daughter hold a sting ray, working with her on how to do it, etc. Nick worked with a lady from another family who was afraid to come into the water. Very patient, and got her in the water with the rays.

As for pictures, yes, they will take your camera and take a picture of you, your family, whatever. Nick got our entire family (4) holding a large ray.

They specifically do not do their own photography, as they don't want to be pushy. I appreciated this tremendously - actually one of the issues I have with cruise lines in general - I cant stand those photographers on the boat.

They will drop you off at 7 mile on the way back, if you so desire.

They have their own bus to take you to/from the cruise pier to the yacht club.

And a minor thing, but they had a white board at the ship pier, where they wrote the name of a person who had reserved, but had not shown up. This was a nice touch in my opinion, in that if that person did show up, they would know 100% that they had missed the tour, instead of standing there wondering.

yes, we've run into several who didn't want to take 'no' for an answer too. Thank you

Archived