NCL New Brochure

janine1030

I just received the new price brochure for the wedding since they have changed to royal oceans and the prices are ridiculous! If I would have known they would have gone up so much I would not have booked with NCL. Just for the cake they want 10 dollars a person. I am having 100 people therefore my wedding cake will cost 1000 plus tax and gratuity. The prices for both receptions went up. The only price they will honor is the price that we already paid which was for the ceremony. This is absurd.

Me too. The only thing they did was use the same ceremony price because that is what I paid for. I currently called Ozzy and she is contacting NCL for me. I told her if I dont hear within a week of an answer I will be contacting someone higher up. This is not fair.

Keep in touch with anything you hear as I will do for you.

i'm also speaking with Ozzy. i'm trying to be understanding that at least my wedding is 3/4/13 and i could NOT imagine if my wedding had been now in the middle of this transition, but i'm out of patience with them now...

one thing i think might help is that... i don't want Ozzy speaking on my behalf, so i wrote up a whole thing for her to just forward on for me. otherwise she is asking for someone that to NCL is just another bride. and yes, i'm sure we're just "another bride" to them. not to say i've been treated badly or anything, but being realistic...

i'll let you know what happens.

when is your wedding date?

did they confirm your location? they keep telling me it's no problem but won't actually confirm because "it's too early" -- I DON'T CARE HOW EARLY IT IS!! *settles down* :)

I too am speaking with Ozzy as well as Sarah and my wedding date is 11/25/2012 a mere 39 days away and they still cannot confirm the location or the time. :(

The only people that should be effected by the new brochure if people who haven't booked anything yet. The way I see it, If I booked my wedding then I did so knowing the price of the reception. With the new price of the reception I may have to take back some of my save the dates! So frustrating.

10 dollars a piece for cake??? I asked Ozzy if the cake was going to be made of gold.

The only people that should be effected by the new brochure if people who haven't booked anything yet. The way I see it, If I booked my wedding then I did so knowing the price of the reception. With the new price of the reception I may have to take back some of my save the dates! So frustrating.

10 dollars a piece for cake??? I asked Ozzy if the cake was going to be made of gold.

I agree, when we signed our original contracts we were given the price lists for all the extras with the understanding we had up til 30 days prior to finalize our numbers and pay for everything. I do not understand how they can try to charge us the new prices when that is not what we agreed to. Hopefully, I will be able to come back next month and tell everyone that it all worked out but honestly at this point I am just so stressed out as I am sure we all are. :confused:

I'm a CCL bride, but I've been following the NCL drama and I feel for you ladies. Has anyone consulted an attorney to see if there's any recourse? I'm not talking about threatening to sue NCL for $$$, I'm thinking more of the contractual law side to see if they will honor the contracts you originally signed. I don't know how your contracts work(ed), but with CCL weddings we sign directly with Carnival, not their consultants.

$1,000 for cake on a cruise ship sounds astronomical--even for a wedding.

• 4 weeks later...
I just received the new price brochure for the wedding since they have changed to royal oceans and the prices are ridiculous! If I would have known they would have gone up so much I would not have booked with NCL. Just for the cake they want 10 dollars a person. I am having 100 people therefore my wedding cake will cost 1000 plus tax and gratuity. The prices for both receptions went up. The only price they will honor is the price that we already paid which was for the ceremony. This is absurd.

hey guys, I was told they would honor prices for all of us. if you haven't heard back, check with them again and I hope you get the same answer. you had to have already paid to get the grandfathered prices. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone send me the brochure? mwolcott24@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived