First time cruisers.

Denpetter

Hey Guys,

I and my partner are doing our first ever cruise in November on the Allure of the seas.

We're really excited about it, and I was wondering if you as experienced cruisers could share some of your valuable information with us?

Just want to get the most out of our cruise.:)

Thanks, ;)

D

The most important thing to remember is that you are on vacation! Do as much or as little as you want to on the ship! There will be activities all day every day. If you chose to do them all that is great, but if you chose to nap every afternoon by the pool that is great also!

When will you be on the Allure, there is a large gay group cruise on the Nov 25th Sailing of the Allure.

Kyle

The most important thing to remember is that you are on vacation! Do as much or as little as you want to on the ship! There will be activities all day every day. If you chose to do them all that is great, but if you chose to nap every afternoon by the pool that is great also!

When will you be on the Allure, there is a large gay group cruise on the Nov 25th Sailing of the Allure.

Kyle

Thanks Kyle!

We booked our cruise through pied piper travel, and our cruise is leaving on november 25th.

:)

- there are 220V electric plugs for Europeans in the cabins

- on RCCI room service is free so have breakfast in your room, or out on the balcony

- you don't have to get off at every port. If you stay onboard for one or more, you get to enjoy the ship and the (hopefully) beautiful weather

- sunscreen

- when you get to the US, buy Bonine (metrizine) at any pharmacy. Take one every day. You won't get seasick. They may not sell metrizine in Finland (it is not available in Canada). It does not make you drowsy, like dramamine.

- book a night a specialty restaurant

- don't try and do all the activities on the ship or onshore. You are on vacation.

- be back at the ship well before departure time.

- take your seapass everywhere with you and never take it off (you can wear it around your neck if you like). You use it to pay for everything and to get on and off the ship

- if you meet a cute boy on one of the islands do not smuggle him onto the ship.

Enjoy

- there are 220V electric plugs for Europeans in the cabins

- on RCCI room service is free so have breakfast in your room, or out on the balcony

- you don't have to get off at every port. If you stay onboard for one or more, you get to enjoy the ship and the (hopefully) beautiful weather

- sunscreen

- when you get to the US, buy Bonine (metrizine) at any pharmacy. Take one every day. You won't get seasick. They may not sell metrizine in Finland (it is not available in Canada). It does not make you drowsy, like dramamine.

- book a night a specialty restaurant

- don't try and do all the activities on the ship or onshore. You are on vacation.

- be back at the ship well before departure time.

- take your seapass everywhere with you and never take it off (you can wear it around your neck if you like). You use it to pay for everything and to get on and off the ship

- if you meet a cute boy on one of the islands do not smuggle him onto the ship.

Enjoy

Thanks Patrick!

Very helpful of you!

Xxx, Dennis:)

Hi D!

My partner and I are also doing our first ever cruise soon. Ours is not until December 2nd. I was all set to book the OASIS OF THE SEAS(sister of the ALLURE, I think), but my partner saw this itinerary that looked like more fun. We leave out of Colon, Panama, go to Cartegena, Colombia, Bonaire, Curacoa, Aruba and them back to Clon. It's a 7 night cruise. I CAN'T WAIT!!

I have heard so many fun sounding things on CC. I feel like I can confidently say you'll have a great time. I'm trying not to set expecatations, but it's hard not to. I booked a Junior Suite on the top deck of GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS, aft. That way we have a huge deck and can just stare at the wake behind us as we cruise along - what a great way to relax.

Let me know how things are going. Where are you? Where are you going, and how long will you go?

Have fun ... and plan to do nothing and everything.

Tom

Hi D and spouse. Welcome! Great advice by twokey, patrick and colocop...it's a cliche' but so true...pack half as many clothes you think you need and take twice the amount of money you are expecting to spend! Have a wonderful cruise, best wishes.

Hi D!

My partner and I are also doing our first ever cruise soon. Ours is not until December 2nd. I was all set to book the OASIS OF THE SEAS(sister of the ALLURE, I think), but my partner saw this itinerary that looked like more fun. We leave out of Colon, Panama, go to Cartegena, Colombia, Bonaire, Curacoa, Aruba and them back to Clon. It's a 7 night cruise. I CAN'T WAIT!!

I have heard so many fun sounding things on CC. I feel like I can confidently say you'll have a great time. I'm trying not to set expecatations, but it's hard not to. I booked a Junior Suite on the top deck of GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS, aft. That way we have a huge deck and can just stare at the wake behind us as we cruise along - what a great way to relax.

Let me know how things are going. Where are you? Where are you going, and how long will you go?

Have fun ... and plan to do nothing and everything.

Tom

Cool! Sounds like fun.

i will let you know how we did and or review of the Allure of the seas.

Will keep you posted, and congratz on your cruise.

:-)

D

Hi D and spouse. Welcome! Great advice by twokey, patrick and colocop...it's a cliche' but so true...pack half as many clothes you think you need and take twice the amount of money you are expecting to spend! Have a wonderful cruise, best wishes.

Hey DFW guys! First of all I have to say that I really like Dallas.

I and my BF have visited The big-D already 4 times, and we love it!

Anyhow, thanks for your advise! Less clothes more cash, right!

:) Dennis

Hey DFW guys! First of all I have to say that I really like Dallas.

I and my BF have visited The big-D already 4 times, and we love it!

Anyhow, thanks for your advise! Less clothes more cash, right!

:) Dennis

You are welcome! Next time you guys are here...feel free to give us a email...DFWGUYZ at gmail dot com. Would enjoy showing you some of the other attractions here like the Ft.Worth Stockyards and some great eateries offered in this part of the world.

You are welcome! Next time you guys are here...feel free to give us a email...DFWGUYZ at gmail dot com. Would enjoy showing you some of the other attractions here like the Ft.Worth Stockyards and some great eateries offered in this part of the world.

Thanks Guys! Sounds great, we'll let you know next time we're going vist the Big-D.:) Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

You'll love cruising!

If you like shopping or plan to buy anything, consider putting an empty duffle bag or something similar in one of your suitcases. It comes in handy if you end up taking more stuff home than you brought with you. You can always put the dirty clothes in it and protect the purchases in the suitcase. :)

We watched the Oasis of the Seas leave port in Ft. Lauderdale while on the Crown Princess. It and the Allure are HUGE. I'd love to sail one of them some day. Have fun!

Archived