gay cruise

socermngr

I can only tell about Atlantis cruises, having been on three.

The average age is around forty, but ages run from 21 to 80. A fair percentage are part of the buff party crowd, but there are all types. It is almost exclusively men.

If you are looking for "fun" you will definitely find it.

There are parties in the afternoon and at night, which are quite well attended. Some of the dancing goes into the wee hours, but I am usually in bed by 1 so wouldn't know about that.

The big benefit is to be on a ship that is all gay and you can hold hands, meet other men from other cities, make new friends. I feel I would have a lot more in common with my tablemates at dinner than with a bunch of 60 year old straight people (not that there is anything wrong with 60 year old straight people - I just have more in common with passengers on a gay cruise).

There are no children. Everything is 21+. The entertainment is different from the regular cruise. They hire performers like comedians and singers suited to the crowd.

Atlantis uses mostly RCI and Celebrity ships, and I think with RSVP they use more HAL.

Both companies have the same owner.

The prices are higher than for a regular cruise, and they sell out earlier so you have to plan in advance.

Phew...

Hey, i have been on two cruises and loved them, and know there are gay cruises out there...want to know the scoop.... are they any good, what cruise line puts it on, etc.

There are a few threads here that discuss gay charter cruises (and gay groups on regular cruises). If you scroll down you should fine some that have had good discussions.

Just so you know, the cruise lines do not arrange it. The ships are chartered by companies whose main business is gay cruises. RSVP and Atlantis (that owns RSVP) are the main players.

Are they any good? My first cruise was a RSVP cruise in 2007 and since then we have done 7 RSVP cruises! And one short cruise on QM2 with Pied Piper (a group of about 40 gays). To me, they are one of the best vacations and worth paying more for.

Hey, i have been on two cruises and loved them, and know there are gay cruises out there...want to know the scoop.... are they any good, what cruise line puts it on, etc.

I'm leaving the Atlantis gay charter to Mexico Oct 28th. Atlantis is chartering the Carnival Splendor since Carnival is the only ship left during this time to Mexico so what's they are using. But they use HAL, Celebrity, RCI on other cruises through out the year. They even did a special charter on Seaborne to the Med last August.

Are they any good?..well yes as there is a very high repeat factor with alumni. This will be my 7th cruise with them. 3,000 gay men on a luxury cruise to the Caribbean, Mexico, Australia, Med, Northern Europe. Can it get any better? They aren't cheap, but Atlantis does bring on their own entertainment, DJ's, themed parties and specialized both the onboard activites and ports just their cruises. It's mostly men with just a few lesbian and straights along for the ride. The deck parties are incredible. There is always a special guest entertainer like Kathy Griffin, Margaret Cho, Joan Rivers, etc. that perform a few shows. The staff is thrill when we come aboard because the passengers are so fun. No kids, family reunions, seniors in wheel chairs or redneck straights. It's a really party atmosphere on board, but I've found a very diverse group of guys on boards from 18-80 all types & sizes and everyone's pretty friendly. About 50/50 singles/couples. They offer single "share" cabins if you want to save money to avoid the single supplement if you are traveling solo. There are a ton of Youtube videos on the parties. Just search Atlantis or RSVP cruises.

I have been on one "standard" cruise and one with Atlantis last year. Agree with all that has been stated above and I found it to be well worth the extra expense. Going on my second Atlantis cruise in February.

You should give it a shot!

Archived