Carnival Transfer in Galveston Question

LHARTWICK

Anyone ever flown into Hobby one day prior to your Galveston cruise, stayed the night at an airport hotel, then used the hotel's airport shuttle to go back to the airport the next day to catch the Carnival transfer (or any other cruise line transfer)? If so, did the cruise line reps know that you didn't actually fly in that day for did they care? I thought this would be a good option for us since car, shuttle and limo services are much higher than the cruise line transfer costs.

Did it last January and are doing it again in December. We will fly in on Sunday, to make sure we don't get stuck in a snow delay or something, relax at the hotel Sunday and then catch the shuttle back over to Hobby Monday morning after breakfast to catch Carnival's shuttle down to port. Carnival does ask you what flight you are coming in on, I just put down a morning flight on Monday. There maybe other ways to do this, easier, cheaper, etc.. but this works for us.

Thank you, PacificMountain2012, for your reply! Which airport hotel did you use? Also, were there any restaurants w/in walking distance (even fast food is fine)? Most of the airport hotels have breakfast, but I would like to be able to have lunch/dinner as well. Thanks!

We flew into Hobby last trip and will again this time in December. Stayed previously at the SpringHill Suites nearby the airport and will in December again. They have a free airport shuttle, its a nice hotel with breakfast included.

The area around there, Hobby, is not the greatest apparently, didn't explore so I can't say with authority, so you probably don't want to walk anywhere. For dinner or lunch however, the hotel's shuttle will take you to a number of nearby restaurants and then pick you up when you are finished for free, a nice service. Hope this helps.

We went back to the airport around 9 AM, I believe and ended up sitting there for a little while. It seemed to me that they waited till they filled the bus up before leaving, which was probably around 10 AM. There were at least two more buses after ours that left later. I would expect that the leaving time all depends on when and how many people are coming in. We were down to the Triumph by 11:30 and on-board less than 30 minutes later.

I'll update this info, if there is anything to update, after our trip in December.

Archived