Pre booking shore excursions POA (also posted on NCL board)

sazzle99

Hi all

I have tried to pre book shore excursions (2 months until we sail - 31/7/05) and had confirmation through after going online. 2 of the requested excursions - Captain Zodiac snorkel and Maui sporting clays were missed off. The note on my booking confirmation says any requests that don't appear are sold out - check back later or on ship

I have sent an email to clarify (can't ring as I'm in England!) in case there is a mistake but does anyone have any experience of how far ahead trips get booked, or if they are really booked up what is the chance of getting a cancellation nearer the time?

Would I be better trying to book a snorkel trip in Kona myself - eg Fairwind (I have heard good things)

Any thoughts or advice appreciated :)

The Fairwind excursion was an absolute highlight of our trip! Kealakekua Bay was spectacluar. Fantastic coral formations and an abundance of marine life. By far and away it was the best snorkeling I have experienced in any of my Hawaian stops (cruise and land vacations).

We enjoyed the Bay so much that we've reserved a Beach House on the water there for a week as part of a multi-week a land vacation to Hawaii in June 2006.

If you do choose the Fairwind tour, make sure you get your tender pass as early as possible (NCL passes them out early that morning). Our ship arrived in Kona at 7AM and actually started tendering shortly thereafter. We were on the second tender (after the NCL shore excurison customers) and made it to the Fairwind dock with plenty of time to spare.

What ship are you sailing on (Pride of Aloha or Pride of America)?

We booked all of our excursions direct with the operators (not through the ship). It worked out well for us, and we got the exact tours we wanted. Whatever you choose, have a great time!

Archived