Splash Water Park Puerto Vallarta - AQUAVENTURAS WATER PARK

bmichell

Does anyone know if you have to take the dolphin or other excursion in order to visit Splash Park? I'd like to find an waterpark for my 10 yr old girls and us adults to chill out. But we don't want to do the excursions for dolphin.

If there are other suggestions, we really just want a cool beach or pool that has a few water slides and a fun atmosphere. :o

No you don't have to sign up for the dolphin encounters... we did sign up for the dolphin encounter in June so I don't know how much the park costs by itself.

We had a pretty good time and spent the entire day there with family from Puerto Vallarta who had gone there on their own previously.

It was great for us because we had three adults/ 8 yo/ 7 yo/ 6 yo/ 4 yo/ 1.5 yo and we spent most of the time in the kiddie area while the two older kids ran around to the slides and back. We had a very safe feeling the entire day.

The food is not that great.. but it was ok.

You can bring water and some snacks hidden in a bag if that's ok with you... we did. We brought a lot of small cereal boxes from the ship with us that all of the kids really enjoyed.

BTW, the dolphin encounter... the one for liitle kids wasn't too great... but very expensive. There were 20 of us for one poor dolphin. It came around and we petted him and got photo opportunities for the staff photographer. We might try it again in several years when my kids are old enough to do the cool tricks with the dolphins.

BTW we had an even better time with the same group in September at the Marival Resort in Nuevo Vallarta.

It was an all inclusive day pass for about $50 each for everyone over 4 years of age, I think?

Good food/ swim up generous bar with real drinks and virgin drinks/ walk up generous bar/ right on the beach with showers/ kiddie pool with two small slides and ATTENTIVE LIFEGUARDS that rotated!/ large adult pool with the swim up bar and scheduled corny activities.

The kids could even participate in the regular hotel kids club.

The staff at the pool/ bars/ buffet were very very very helpful and nice!

My wife absolutely loved the Marival! We will be going back on our next MR cruise.

Does anyone know if you have to take the dolphin or other excursion in order to visit Splash Park? I'd like to find an waterpark for my 10 yr old girls and us adults to chill out. But we don't want to do the excursions for dolphin.

If there are other suggestions, we really just want a cool beach or pool that has a few water slides and a fun atmosphere. :o

Here is the web site for the water park portion of the complex: http://www.splashvallarta.com/english/park_info.html

Enjoy!

We also did the dolphins, but had a very good experience. The kids were 2 (and free) so it was also a steal. Also, They wanted close to $100 for a handful of pics, but that is to be expected.

Just to note: it is somewhat expensive to get there. I think it was $50-60 round trip for the taxis. I think it was 20 or 25 minutes away?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived