Just sailed the Elation 10/15-10/20

Royalsfan69

Just got back from sailing the Elation on saturday, and this was our first time cruising and was very happy with the ship. The staff was excellent especially at dinner with our waiter named Deni, he was awesome. The shows were pretty good, epecially the towel animal show and that was cute. The CD Jeff Bronson he was good but at the end he was getting pretty annoying with his bye all. We really did only one excursion and that was in Progresso and out tour guide was very good and we went to Maridia in Old Mexico according to the tour guide. We did alot of shopping in Cozumel and 2 people MISSED the boat and we just watched them standing at the dock as the ship was pulling out. The food was ok but overall I will go back on the Elation because the crew excellent and it is a very pretty ship. I anyone has any questions I will try to answer them as best as I can.

We were on the Elation back in April, it wasn't our favorite ship but we did enjoy it. Enough so that we have 2 B2B cruises booked in December on the Elation. Can't recall what the CD name was, but he was the assistant CD when we were on the Valor, ( which is our favorite ship so far ). We almost missed the ship at Cozumel our selves, but we made it :). But unfortunately we had two people miss it as well. Glad you had a good time tho

Just got back from sailing the Elation on saturday, and this was our first time cruising and was very happy with the ship. The staff was excellent especially at dinner with our waiter named Deni, he was awesome. The shows were pretty good, epecially the towel animal show and that was cute. The CD Jeff Bronson he was good but at the end he was getting pretty annoying with his bye all. We really did only one excursion and that was in Progresso and out tour guide was very good and we went to Maridia in Old Mexico according to the tour guide. We did alot of shopping in Cozumel and 2 people MISSED the boat and we just watched them standing at the dock as the ship was pulling out. The food was ok but overall I will go back on the Elation because the crew excellent and it is a very pretty ship. I anyone has any questions I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Arent you suposed to be back on the ship by 3:30 or something like that? We are cruising on the Elation in November and we will be going to Nachi Cocom. If we want to ship a little bit before getting back on the ship, what time should we come back from Nachi? around 1:30? Never been to Cozumel. Would 1-1/2 hours be enough to go thru the stores at the port?

I intend to be back on the boat by 3 at the latest. Do the lines to get back on the boat get pretty long at that time?

There are two different ports at Cozumel, one is about 15 min to Nachi Cocom, the other maybe 25. We have done that beach break twice and going again in December we love it there. Yes you have to be back by 330, and an 1-1 1/2 hours for us was plenty to shop.

There are two different ports at Cozumel, one is about 15 min to Nachi Cocom, the other maybe 25. We have done that beach break twice and going again in December we love it there. Yes you have to be back by 330, and an 1-1 1/2 hours for us was plenty to shop.

Great. Thanks Nitro. Was the water and everything warm whenyou went in December?

Great. Thanks Nitro. Was the water and everything warm whenyou went in December?

We went in November last year and April this year, going again December this year. Water was cool at first but was pretty nice. The pool and hot tub with swim up bar was great, and so was service. Food was great as well. We will go back to Nachi in December and we will be there again April 2013

Arent you suposed to be back on the ship by 3:30 or something like that? We are cruising on the Elation in November and we will be going to Nachi Cocom. If we want to ship a little bit before getting back on the ship, what time should we come back from Nachi? around 1:30? Never been to Cozumel. Would 1-1/2 hours be enough to go thru the stores at the port?

I intend to be back on the boat by 3 at the latest. Do the lines to get back on the boat get pretty long at that time?

you will have enough time to shop and everything, our problem was the paradise was coming in as well and they closed the dock for about 30 minutes so the Paradise could come in and dock and we were all standing in the hallways for awhile and some people had excursions to go to. As for the ship leaving there was a long line at 3:55 to get back on the ship. I am still wondering how those 2 people made it home after missing the ship.

you will have enough time to shop and everything, our problem was the paradise was coming in as well and they closed the dock for about 30 minutes so the Paradise could come in and dock and we were all standing in the hallways for awhile and some people had excursions to go to. As for the ship leaving there was a long line at 3:55 to get back on the ship. I am still wondering how those 2 people made it home after missing the ship.

I didn't see anyone on the pier - I actually looked for once. Are you sure they weren't on the other Carnival ship that was still docked and were just watching us sail away?

When someone misses the ship and it's the last port, how do they get their luggage? Would the steward pack them up? Anyone know? I am curious now.

I didn't see anyone on the pier - I actually looked for once. Are you sure they weren't on the other Carnival ship that was still docked and were just watching us sail away?

When someone misses the ship and it's the last port, how do they get their luggage? Would the steward pack them up? Anyone know? I am curious now.

It was a young man and woman and they were standing side by side where we boarded the ship just watching the ship leave, and the man just stood there in shock and then he eventually went up and down the dock and eventually I saw them getting on the paradise and from there I have no idea what happened. They sure looked like they missed it though. My guess is that they have to go to the US embassy which would be in Progresso I assume since Cozumel is just and island and have the coast guard get their passports if they don't have them and find a way to get home to get your luggage from the ship. I could be wrong but this is what I have heard on what they do if you miss your ship.

I noticed those two as well, with a deer in the headlights look. I went to Merida as well, as part of a tour on Autoprogreso.

I thought the CD was rather uninteresting and the e-staff were going through the motions. I went for rest and relaxation and I definitely got plenty of rest on the cruise.

I noticed that the CD cracked a few jokes during the safety drill. That bothered me some, although I can understand that lots of people find the drill boring. I still take it seriously because it is to me an important and serious briefing.

We're scheduled in little over a week 11/3 on the Elation. Have heard lot's of MIXED reviews. Thanks for starting this thread. I'll definitely follow it until next week LOL.

We're scheduled in little over a week 11/3 on the Elation. Have heard lot's of MIXED reviews. Thanks for starting this thread. I'll definitely follow it until next week LOL.

I really think you will enjoy the Elation. This was my first time cruising and I will sail on her again.:D

I really think you will enjoy the Elation. This was my first time cruising and I will sail on her again.:D

I agree it's a good ship, we will be on her 2 more times this year. But it is a little harder to navigate than some of the other ships. But would definitely recommend her.

I have been on the Elation twice. The first time was out of Mobile. I enjoyed the ship much more the first time than this last time, in part because of the cruise director, the shows and the e-staff. Just my perception of the week was different.

There were some little things I noticed: change in the dinner menu, the parties for the past guests was disappointing and basically how the cruise line treated past guests was different.

I was disappointed in my cabin. The cabin was assigned to me, in part because I booked a month early. I wasn't looking for an upgrade, as I booked a senior rate, but it seems that the cruise line could have considered my cruise history a bit. There were other cabins available at the time I booked. The assigned cabin had two twin beds which could not be joined together because of a beam between the two beds (E 228).

I had a restful time and that was the most important thing, but this cruise has been giving me pause about returning to the ship in January with the current cruise director and e staff.

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but thank you for all the replies! Just making sure-- no refrigerators in the rooms on Elation, correct?

Ask all the questions you need, lol. No there were no refrigerator in our room. Suite might be different but not in our OV room.

Check your dailiy newsletter. Times change regularly.

Quote from David: "I was disappointed in my cabin. The cabin was assigned to me, in part because I booked a month early. I wasn't looking for an upgrade, as I booked a senior rate, but it seems that the cruise line could have considered my cruise history a bit. There were other cabins available at the time I booked. The assigned cabin had two twin beds which could not be joined together because of a beam between the two beds (E 228)".

I and my 10 Girlfriends just had our annual cruise on Elation. We left October 6th. Two of the group got E 228 and were a bit surprised and a good bit put out! The others girls got AFT OV's and they wanted an interior but near the other group. However, they were quite surprised to see such a small cabin with a POLE in the middle. It's the only time our PVP has let our group down as apparently, she didn't mention the difference in the size of these cabins!

We loved the Elation. We've been on Holiday, Fantasy, Fascination, Ecstasy and Triumph and we much prefer the smaller Elation over the larger Triumph and Ecstasy.

I don't go to shows so I can't comment there but I wasn't real happy with the Karaoke DJ. I don't even remember his name but he had a giant chip on his shoulder and was pretty much a jerk to my group of fun loving Karaoke lovers. And, by "fun loving" I don't mean "drunk" which he seemed to be much more comfortable with!

Food was great, service was great, cabins were great, except for E228 :D and a good time was had by all. I and two other friends shared a Grand Suite and I must say that it was way better than I had thought it would be. We all agreed it was well worth the extra money and we enjoyed every minute in it!

Archived