Connecting Rooms? Fantasy Verandah + not

CruisinFinsUp

Hi,

We are thinking about trying our first Disney cruise and I was wondering if you could help me please.

I've been staring at the deckplans and I see a lot of verandah's side by side with not verandah's, but can't seem to tell if they are connecting or not... My eyes are going buggy and I can't see all the little " > " marks!! :rolleyes:

Does the Fantasy have any rooms that connect that have one verandah room connected to one that does not have a verandah (oceanview OR inside).

Also, for families that have booked two cabins not connecting - say verandah and inside or oceanview - what do you have to request in order for the cabins to be located close together and no changes made to the booking? (we'd pick specific cabin numbers then want to keep those exact cabins).

Thanks very much!

I can't answer the question about the verandas but I can answer about getting rooms close to those traveling with you.

When you book online, you can book as many rooms as you need at the same time. You specify who is in each room, you can even use a different credit card for each room. That is what I did in booking my most recent cruise. That keeps your party together for meals and rooms close by.

If you didn't do that, just call the cruise line and tell them who you are traveling with and they will put you together. I booked for us and one other couple, which linked our reservations. Then some friends decided to join us at the last minute. Now they are linked to our reservation as well.

Hope that helps, your question confused me a bit......

DCL doesn't have any rooms that connect (inside door) between room categories. You'll need to book the same category to get rooms the connect(inside). If you wish to book adjoining staterooms in different categories (ie veranda, ocean view) you can do that and have DCL or your TA first off link the reservations so they know you're traveling together and also a notation to not to upgrade you. That usually helps in keeping you together. If you book connecting balconies, most likely(there have been a few reports where some staterooms can't be joined on the balconies), the balconies can be joined into one bigger balcony.

Looking at the map, it seems as though there might be a few cases where there is a balcony connecting with a non-balcony, but those are connected to handicapped accessible staterooms. Otherwise, as previous poster noted, all the others seem to be connecting within category.

Linking the reservations does not guarantee they will be near each other. When I booked ours for this summer, I had them linked, but since I had a GTY status, we ended up on different floors. I was a little worried at first, but we decided to go with it and it worked fine. DH, DD and myself in one and my mother and niece in the other.

Archived