RCCL reception questions

I have been trying to get answers but of course they do not answer. Hopefully someone can help me.

For the wedding and the reception, will my 1 year old daughter count as 1 of the 25 guest? Or can I still have 25 people and her?

For the reception are kids counted as an adult and will the cost still be full price per person? What about the alcohol package, is the price different for kids under 21?

IWhat information is needed for both sailing and non sailing guest to board the ship for the wedding?

I have been trying to get answers but of course they do not answer. Hopefully someone can help me.

For the wedding and the reception, will my 1 year old daughter count as 1 of the 25 guest? Or can I still have 25 people and her?

For the reception are kids counted as an adult and will the cost still be full price per person? What about the alcohol package, is the price different for kids under 21?

IWhat information is needed for both sailing and non sailing guest to board the ship for the wedding?

We just went through this same thing so I can answer all of your questions. We are getting married on the Allure on sailing day November 4th. We have 67 attendees for our wedding. 22 are sailing and 45 are not. Of that total of 67, 12 are kids and of those 12, 3 of them are 2 or under.

Your daughter and anyone 2 or under will not count in your person head for costs. They do not charge for any food or drink for 2 and under.

Kids between 3 and 20 are charge at a cheaper food rate than full adults and will also not get charged for alcohol. They will get charged (if you opt for it for a comparable soda a package). We opted for the Lunch Buffet with Bar Service for the adults (currently $48pp) and the kids get a the Buffet and beverage (NA) service (currently $40pp). We also opted for an additional hour of bar/beverage service which is (currently $16pp for adults and $8pp for the kids). Premium Bar service upgrade (currently $3.5pp/hour, so $7pp for a 2 hour reception) is only charged for adults. If you opt for Hot Beverage (Coffee/Tea.etc) that will be charged for all at the same rate no matter the age (as long as over 2). If you go for a glass of champagne for each as we did, adults will get the champagne (currently $6.50pp) and the kids will get sprite (currently $2.50pp).

In regards to what they need to board, for each of your cruisers you will need to provide RC with the names of all people in each stateroom and their stateroom numbers (I also provided their booking number as we had some people that were either guarantee or changed rooms after final payment). For non cruisers, you will need full name, and either a DL Number (be sure to include issuing state), date issued id or a passport number. For anyone under 16, you will need to provide full name and DOB. The parents will need to bring their birth certificate.

What boat and when is your wedding? If you have other questions feel free to ask. You can reach me at rjrieck@gmail.com. I know exactly what you are going through and will be glad to help out and answer anything that I can.

It has been a while since my wedding, but here's RCL handled the kids.

I was able to negotiate with them so that I was not charged for three infants (11-15 months) who attended my wedding. It wasn't automatic though. I had to really bug them about it, and make the case that these guests would not eat or drink at the reception. The babies were definitnely included in the headcount for the extra wedding coordinator, minimum and maximum guests, etc.

For the three teen/young adult guests, I was charged a slighely reduced "non-alcoholic" rate for the reception. I think was about $8pp less than the full rate. But there was no other discount for kids. You should be sure to double check all this, since policies may have changed.

The non-sailing guests will have to provide government issued ID to board. And you'll need to submit that information in advance. For young kids, a birth certificate is fine. Sailing guests will need whatever is required for any passenger to provide proof of citizenship and identity. Typically that's a passport, or a driver's license and certified birth certificate. But check with the cruise line, as this can vary depending on the ship's itinerary and the citizenship of the passenger.

Thank you so much, I feel better now. We are getting married on board the Allure of the seas.

rjrieck, congrats on your marriage. Please post a review when you come back. One more question, do they contact me when it gets closer or do I need to contact them?

They will contact you (eventually). :) I know they are running behind so to speak.

All of the paperwork states that you must have everything finalized 45 days prior, but we were not officially finalized and paid in full until 21 days out.

I got all of my initial requests to Amy (our Royal Romance Consultant) prior to the 45 day mark. When I called her at 30 days, she told me she was just finishing up October weddings and we were next. We started our back and forth discussions and reviews of what they had for us and had everything confirmed in a week. Be sure to review all of your documents thoroughly. There were some inconsistencies between the wedding contract doc and the invoice that I needed to iron out. Overall tho, it was not bad. Amy was awesome to work with! :)

The only problem we really had was it took almost two weeks for me to get in contact with someone to pay for everything. (I was more than willing to let them throw our wedding for free if they did not want our money.) ;)

Also, when I was working with Amy, is when we received out location. We were expecting the Pinnacle Chapel and Lounge, but ended up with Dazzles. We are actually happy about this. Tho the chapel and lounge are nice and over look the entire ship, we find the decor to me a little too "Vegas wedding chapelly" for us and the view out the windows will be of the wondrous Port Everglades and all of its industrial glory. LOL. We actually feel that Dazzles is a much prettier location (we will know for sure in about 10 days).

I will definitely post a review once we are back and have had a chance to recover from our vacation. :)

What date is your wedding?

You get to chose parts of pretty much everything. May things (flowers, reception length (can add the extra hour), premium vs rail alcohol, etc can be upgrade/lengthened/changed for a price. ;) But... We still found overall that it was significantly cheaper over all than doing it on land. We know it is only two hours as opposed to the standard 4 for on land, but it still comes out as a better deal. Plus it is much less stressful (things are pretty much set a month ahead of time and you really cannot change much after that).

You get a choice of the type of reception (Hors d'oeuvre, Buffet or Sit Down), but you don't really get to chose what food is served for each. The pretty much have a set menu. You can always add things on like peel and eat shrimp or pasta primavera. Since we went with the buffet (it was a little more laid back than the luncheon and allowed us more time to celebrate and socialize (especially with our non sailing guests).

For cake you get a choice of chocolate or vanilla with either chocolate ganache or raspberry filling. You don't really get to chose what else they do. We have two layers with Vanilla with chocolate ganache and chocolate cake with raspberry filling. The cakes are covered in white fondant (yuck) with white swirls. They can color the swirls if you like. they can also do a floral topper for you. We are bringing ribbon to put around each layer and our own cake topper. We just have some friends that have agreed to set that up for us while we go to our staterooms and get ready.

You have a choice of music for the ceremony theirs or bring your own. We are bringing our own CD. You also have a choice for the reception. You can have none, the house music coming through the speakers of the ship, a DJ or a Steel Drum band. We opted for the DJ so we can still party a little more. :)

You have lots of time if your wedding is in July. :) I promise to report back when we get back. :) I will probably do a review of both the wedding and the cruise separately. (We are doing a Western). I agree that it is nice to see input from other Royal weddings as you are right, the Carnival crowd kind of over runs this board.

Archived