Freedom 4J question

valancy1

Hi all...

For those of you who've sailed on the Freedom:

I booked my first 4J. I saw a friend's on the Valor (on Lido and on Upper)... 2 different cabins, but both 4J's.

If anyone has sailed in 9202, would you tell me what the room is like? Or 9203?

I have never asked about a cabin before, but I am curious. The 4J on Lido was completely different from the 4J on Upper (on Valor).

If anyone has pictures, I would greatly appreciate it, too! :)

Thanks so much!

Our boys had 9202 last year and it is HCa, but also a quad 4J. It is a regular window room. The bed can be twin or king and the bed is under the window. There is a couch and if the 4th berth is needed it comes down from the ceiling.

It's a lovely room and quite location. Enjoy!

Hi all...

For those of you who've sailed on the Freedom:

I booked my first 4J. I saw a friend's on the Valor (on Lido and on Upper)... 2 different cabins, but both 4J's.

If anyone has sailed in 9202, would you tell me what the room is like? Or 9203?

I have never asked about a cabin before, but I am curious. The 4J on Lido was completely different from the 4J on Upper (on Valor).

If anyone has pictures, I would greatly appreciate it, too! :)

Thanks so much!

The cabins on Valor are 6J's those are the scenic ocean view cabins with floor to ceiling windows.

They will also now be on Conquest after this dry dock.

Those 2 cabins on Freedom are both Handicapped and if you do not need them booking this far out you stand a high risk of being moved. If not I am very surprised they let you book them.

If fact when we booked our HC cabin we had to fill out a form and forward it back to special needs.

If you do need them they are nice cabins. If you Google using keywords .. cruise line rooms go to that site and look at Conquest. There are pictures posted of 9202.

Is it a regular OV type window or a floor-to-ceiling window (like on Valor's Lido deck)? LOVED that room...

No. That's only on Valor and Conquest, as far as I know. They converted the front of Valor's lido deck to those special floor-to-ceiling window rooms about 2 years ago. Conquest is having this done as we speak. They haven't done it to any of their sister ships or "cousin" ships. Hopefully, they eventually will. But it wouldn't happen for Freedom until 2014 (her next drydock). But those floor-to-ceiling window rooms will be almost as expensive as balconies, and could even be more in some cases. They are category 6J, not 4J. So on Valor, you would have been comparing 2 different categories of rooms, which is a big reason why they were so different. If this was before the conversion, the difference would've been the handicapped aspect of the lido deck rooms.

Your 4J room will have a standard OV type window, and it will not have a clear view of the ocean. There will be a public deck outside your room with a solid barrier blocking your view. You will see sky and maybe some ocean from the room, but certainly not the front of the ship. You'll need to go outside to that deck to see that. That public deck is not used too heavily. Just keep the shades closed at night. Others mentioned the possibility that you could get moved out of the room because of the handicapped issue, unless of course you are needing one. If you don't need one and are worried about being moved, see if a non-handicapped 4J is available on another floor that you could switch to.

According to the websites I see, 9202 & 9203 are both set up only to sleep 2 on Freedom.

Thanks everyone for the clarifications! We might change to something else. My friend that had a 4J (not the 6J that you all so nicely defined for me) said that her view was "obstructed" but they weren't... you could see out; however, there was a "deck" of some sort out there. (They called it their balcony LOL).

I guess I'm going to reconsider. Carnival gave me the room and didn't ask for anything from me (we don't need handicapped room).

I've got some thinkin' to do... DaDiva Mom, if you see this, was the view obstructed if you can remember?

Thanks again everyone!

We were on Freedom in a 4J, room 6202 which was NOT an accessible cabin. The window was to the right of the bed at the far end of the room, and you could see the ocean and the bow of the ship when you were standing at the window. Sitting on the bed the view of the ocean was obstructed by the railing of the deck outside, but you could see the sky. We would go out on the "secet deck", as they call it, quite often to just look at the ocean, or when we were docking at ports to get a good look at where we were.

We thought the room was great and would definitely book it again.

We just got off the Freedom and were in a 4J (7201 - not a HC room). It is a standard window to a deck at the very front of the ship. The room is smaller then most ocean view rooms (no 'couch' space - literally our room was all bed) but DH and I didn't mind and really loved the natural light.

The reason they call it obstructed is because the view is not a full ocean view. In the rooms called Oceanview rooms, when you look out the window, you see nothing but ocean and sky. From inside these "obstructed" 4J rooms, you see ocean, sky, maybe part of the bow of the ship (probably only from deck 6 or 7), the public deck immediately outside the window, and the barrier which keeps people from falling off the deck. The public deck, including people that may be out there at any time, and the barrier are considered to be obstructions. But you can still see ocean and sky above those. Curious passengers may try looking in your window, wondering what's inside. Many people love these rooms. Because that public deck is not used very much by others, people in these rooms feel as if it's their own. Keep in mind that these forward rooms feel more motion than midship rooms.

Exactly what K2 said. You can see sky but you will not see ocean unless you are out on the deck. 9202 on the Freedom is indeed a quad. I know it may be listed as a 2 people but it will hold four. They book it out capacity controlled and not just HC control based on need and availability at time of booking. It is HC accessible not full handicap meaning it still has lips into the bathroom etc but has grip bars and other things.

I know because it was the only 4j in the quads available when we booked.

Archived