Shops in Falmouth

chris2597

Will we have to go through the Jamaican security stop if we get off the ship and stay in the Falmouth secured shop area? I have read some stories about the body checks passengers are getting upon returning to the ship. I dont want either my husband or myself to have to endure that. We stopped in Montego Bay a few yrs ago and had a check point when getting back on the ship but nothin like I have been reading about.

Can't speak to whether or not there will be body checks upon returning to the ship. However, years ago, we visited a market in Ocho Rios and bought a beautiful wood carving. Upon returning to Canada, a customs official removed the eyes from the carving. Why? Apparently the eyes were a restricted seed not allowed into the country.

Will we have to go through the Jamaican security stop if we get off the ship and stay in the Falmouth secured shop area? I have read some stories about the body checks passengers are getting upon returning to the ship. I dont want either my husband or myself to have to endure that. We stopped in Montego Bay a few yrs ago and had a check point when getting back on the ship but nothin like I have been reading about.

Yes you will, in order to get back to the ship. They control the belt scanner and the walk through scanner, that's where they will pull you out of line for the body check. If you have nothing to hide then there will be no problem.

I have nothing to hide but object to the gropping that I have read about. I thought the new Falmouth port area was in the secured RCCL shopping area. I can see going through the ship security but I dont understand going through the Jamicaan security, if you stay within the secured gates.

I have nothing to hide but object to the gropping that I have read about. I thought the new Falmouth port area was in the secured RCCL shopping area. I can see going through the ship security but I dont understand going through the Jamicaan security, if you stay within the secured gates.

Although you are in the secured shopping area, you can leave that area (going on excursions and what not). If I remember correctly you need to show your card to get back in the area, but you can leave. Which is why there is that extra security, they don't know if you left the secured area or not. I was there back in May and didn't notice, hear or have any kind of crazy groping when going through security.

Archived