Bus Passes

lovelabs

Quick question on the bus passes. Our family is going in June and we are planning on getting 3-day passes. I read somewhere they are "cash only". Is that true or can I assume a credit card can be used??

Thanks for your info--what a great site!

Quick question on the bus passes. Our family is going in June and we are planning on getting 3-day passes. I read somewhere they are "cash only". Is that true or can I assume a credit card can be used??

Thanks for your info--what a great site!

On our first trip, we bought passes in the tourist office (paid cash) and on the second trip, we bought them on the ship, which was much more convenient (also paid cash). Sorry I can't answer your question - I had also heard about the "cash only policy" and didn't ask if paying by credit card was an option.

If you buy your passes on the ship, you will be able to pick up a bus schedule, with a good map of the routes, in the Hamilton cruise terminal. Otherwise, you can get both passes and schedule at the tourist office, but if you aren't one of the first ones there, there will be a line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Bermuda yesterday. Bought the three day bus pass on the Horizon for $28.00. They only take cash. It was the easy way, buying them on the ship, we didn't have to wait at the info center. We used the passes on the ferry and on the buses, to get to all the attractions. Don't miss Fort Hamilton, especially the moat area. We covered much of Bermuda, and didn't have any trouble reading the schedules, which you can also obtain on onboard. :)

Thanks nonni22 for your input! We are going on the majesty--hope NCL provides the same bus pass service. The bus/ferry system sounds great for touring the island. I am glad that we will have a few days to really enjoy Bermuda:)

Archived