Owners Suite Sun Deck Golden

Gunner22aa

I just saw a owners suite on the sun deck of the Golden open up for my 28 day cruise. I currently have an aft Vista booked. I know these suites were an addition at the last major refit and was wondering if anyone has stayed in one. My concerns are first it looks to be in a high traffic area and secondly has a bit of an odd shape to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and pictures would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

I just saw a owners suite on the sun deck of the Golden open up for my 28 day cruise. I currently have an aft Vista booked. I know these suites were an addition at the last major refit and was wondering if anyone has stayed in one. My concerns are first it looks to be in a high traffic area and secondly has a bit of an odd shape to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and pictures would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

There should be almost no traffic because nothing else is near those cabins. Took photos during turnaround day and will post here later today when I am at my PC.

These pictures look exactly like what we were upgraded to on an Hawaiian cruise. The room was nice but there was no dividing curtain between the sitting and sleeping area. The deck area was small compared to the Caribe deck PH suites. Luckily for us, there was a last minute cancellation and we were moved down to Caribe deck in a PH suite. If you want a separate sitting area and a larger deck, go PH suite on Caribe. If you want "new", go OS on the Sun deck.

We recently had a true aft cabin with a narrow balcony and were concerned before we sailed, but it really didn't matter. We really prefer, however, to be on the side of the ship so we can see where we are going.

While a tub is pleasant if one suffers from a lot of aches and pains, we are happy anywhere as long as we have a balcony. At home we spend most of our time in our bedroom or kitchen and, since we aren't cooking on the ship, really don't need anything other than a bedroom.

I would rather take a lot more cruises in a balcony than fewer in a suite and I know other people who would rather take even a lot more cruises in an inside cabin.

Different strokes.

Archived