Group of 7 with young kids...tour and beach

Agocruisin

Hello,

we are a group of 7 including 3 kids under (8,7,4). In the past we have enjoyed private island tours ending at a beach for a couple of hours. Anyone have a recommendation for a good tour guide who could take us around from noon-2pm and leave us with a couple of hours of beach time (I hear Pillory is good).

Any ideas, recommendations?

thank you

The beach where the ship docks is lovely. I've seen lots of kids at the Margaritaville pool as well. It's a large pool, and you can set up camp at the far edges, away from rowdy people. (Tha advantage of being right at the dock is that you can quickly get back to the ship if you forgot somehting.)

You can just pick up a taxi-van at the port, and tour the island. It's really very small, and quick to sightsee.

We were on Grand Turk this past Friday and took the Island Tram tour around the island. It was very informative and I recommend it. They call it a hop on/hop off tram, but it really isn't. The tour is narrated the entire time, and there are two stops for people to get out and take pictures and/or shop. The stops take 10-15 minutes each. The entire tour using this method is 1 hour and 20 minutes. This leaves plenty of time to hang at the beach afterward.

Another beach option is Governor's Beach. It's the first stop on the tram, so you could take the entire tour, then loop around and go to stop #1 again and hop off to enjoy your time at the beach. The cost was $29/person. Not sure if there is a different price for kids as we were 4 adults.

We also did the Island Tram Tours. I thought it was very nice because the tram car is all open so it is great to take pictures and much cooler than being crammed in a van like the carnival excursions. When we were there is September, the had some locals on board to play some music using a drum, saw, and bell. Very interesting. It was also pay what you think it is worth, can not beat that! They are parked at the Local Village Bar and had tours that left at 9 or 11 so you could still enjoy plenty of beach time.

We also did the Island Tram Tours. I thought it was very nice because the tram car is all open so it is great to take pictures and much cooler than being crammed in a van like the carnival excursions. When we were there is September, the had some locals on board to play some music using a drum, saw, and bell. Very interesting. It was also pay what you think it is worth, can not beat that! They are parked at the Local Village Bar and had tours that left at 9 or 11 so you could still enjoy plenty of beach time.

Wow! Very cool. Was that a special deal during that time? It was $29/person for us but it was definitely worth it! :)

We were on Grand Turk this past Friday and took the Island Tram tour around the island. It was very informative and I recommend it. They call it a hop on/hop off tram, but it really isn't. The tour is narrated the entire time, and there are two stops for people to get out and take pictures and/or shop. The stops take 10-15 minutes each. The entire tour using this method is 1 hour and 20 minutes. This leaves plenty of time to hang at the beach afterward.

Another beach option is Governor's Beach. It's the first stop on the tram, so you could take the entire tour, then loop around and go to stop #1 again and hop off to enjoy your time at the beach. The cost was $29/person. Not sure if there is a different price for kids as we were 4 adults.

Thanks for the info. I am quite interested and wondering whether we need to book ahead of time or just walk to them on the day of?

Archived