trying to book spa online, but won't let me

We leave for our cruise on Dec 23, which is 56 days from now. I tried to book a spa appt online, but got the following message:

Online reservations for Spa Services are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online reservations, but they may be available onboard.

So, when is 56 days not closer than two months? Yet, it was listed as one of the things you could book online, along with specialty restaurants, excursions, etc. Am I not able to book it because a travel agent booked our cruise? That would seem unfair.

We leave for our cruise on Dec 23' date=' which is 56 days from now. I tried to book a spa appt online, but got the following message:

[i']Online reservations for Spa Services are currently not available for your sailing. If your cruise vacation begins more than two months from today, please visit the website closer to your sail date. Please note that certain itineraries preclude online reservations, but they may be available onboard. [/i]

So, when is 56 days not closer than two months? Yet, it was listed as one of the things you could book online, along with specialty restaurants, excursions, etc. Am I not able to book it because a travel agent booked our cruise? That would seem unfair.

Call Royal Caribbean for assistance.

I prebooked a Swedish massage for my 9/29 sailing on Oasis last month. A word of caution: if you later change your treatment to something else and/or upgrade make sure the spa gives you a credit against the balance due on the new/upgraded service. I was told by the spa manager the spa would issue a refund to the AMEX used to prebook my appointment, while I paid full price for the upgraded treatment while onboard. Come to find out from RCI, the spa does not have the ability/authority to refund prepaid services.

It's been a week and I'm still trying to get things sorted out. Issues with the spa go to Steiner Leisure as RCI does not operate the spas on their ships (so billing issues need to be worked out with Steiner).

I've been able to book spa treatments prior to cruising but as I recall I book closer to the actual sailing date. Alternatively, as woehwdy noted, you can call Royal and they will book it for you, if the date/times are available.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived