Hotel Diana-Venice

ramrax4

Anyone stay here recently? We are booked for 1 night post cruise. The reviews are fare and it is rated #245 on trip advisor. This gives me pause and I am thinking we need to cancel and rebook a different hotel.

Thanks for your help in advance:)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been doing a ton of research for our Med cruise for next April.

We booked our air & hotels in Barcelona and Venice thru Delta Vacations, we have had good success with them. I chose from hotels DV offered. There are so many hotels to pick and choose from, where to begin. We are staying at Hotel Principe in Venice, based upon the reviews on TA. We are very close to the train station/cruise terminal.

When reading reviews on TA, determine how serious folks comments & complaints are, what are the issues, etc. Many reviews on the same hotel can really vary. Seldom does one business work for everyone.

In reading so many reviews on hotels and restuarants in Venice, I have come to expect not receiving the same service and standards we may be use to in USA. It is not the USA, but many reviews from folks seem to expect different standards in service in Venice, then what they get, and knock the establishments when they do not get it. So some reviews really rate the businesses poorly.

Do the best you can on picking a hotel, and live with it. Its only for 1 nite, so make it work. Then rate it on TA when you return home, share your opinion with others.

One thing we did was order a map of Venice, at a 1:5000 scale, as I heard the free maps, and maps in the travel books, do not show the detail for getting around. It fully laminated, and about $8 on Amazon. Just an idea for you.

Good luck, have a great trip. Then you'll know what to do for your next visit to Venice. ;)

We chose to stay in Piazzale Roma as we are two older ladies with mobility issues and wanted to be close enough to enjoy Venice, but also close to transport from the pier/to the airport.

Ca Doge (where we stayed) and Hotel Santa Chiara are two hotels right in Piazzale Roma. The people mover is there, buses, vaporetto and taxis too. It is the transportation hub for Venice and as far as vehicles can be driven.

Americans have to set their sights lower for European Hotels. The rooms aren't as large, the beds are like rocks, and sometimes the people can seem rude (expecting English as a first language). As other posters have stated, folks have differing opinions.

The Comfort Hotel Diana looks fine from the photos, and the location looks close to San Marco at a 3 *** rating. There aren't rave reviews but some give it good marks. The Hotel Ca Doge reviews weren't great either.

You've read the reviews, just go into it knowing that you aren't staying at a Hilton or Marriott, and you should be fine. Have a great trip!

Archived