Marco Polo Amazon - Pacific deck cabin ?

Brissle

Hi everyone,

We're having a look at the Marco Polo cruise in January 2014 - 42 days to the Amazon and the Caribbean. Have never been on MP but we fancy a small ship for the Amazon. We are used to Princess, Cunard and P&O, so this older ship might be a shock for 42 nights.....

Does anyone have any thoughts about the Premium Ocean View cabins on Pacific Deck (deck 7).

Any other thoughts which might help us to decide?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thank you for that. We did a lot of research and the general impression was that the Marco Polo isn't a ship we would choose for a long cruise for the first time experience of the ship. So we have booked a different cruise that time and might find a shorter cruise (like yours) to try out the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

My sister and I sailed toThe Baltic last summer on Marco Polo and enjoyed every second of it. Even the fact that we had to climb on the bed to look out the portholes to enjoy the ocean view made us laugh. We have cruised on many big liners but really enjoyed the intimacy of this ship.Breakfast and lunch buffets were your typical cruise fare but the evening meals we found to be of a high standard. I am a vegetarian and there was plenty of choice for me. We also liked the fact that if you chose to eat in the lunchtime restaurant in the evening they put tablecloths , flowers and candles on the table to make it a little more special. The captain could be seen eating there often and we felt we were treated as well as he was.Incidentally "Gorgeous George " as we called him was, like the other officers, very high profile and we felt very safe with him at the helm. Unlike some reviewers we found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and I liked the insistance on using the hand sanitizers before entering the restaurant or going onboard. I don't remember reading of any incidences of norovirus on this ship as on so many others recently but I may be wrong. Our guest speaker was a former spy who regaled us with stories of Russia during the cold war. We also had a first class comedian so there was more than just the usual singing and dancing as entertainment. Another thing I liked was we were given advice on how to do tours independently and cheaper than the cruise tours. There was no hard sell. Finally we are booked to see The Northern Lights with Marco Polo in February although this time we have shelled out for a cabin with a big picture window as we don't want to miss the Aurora Borealis. Can't wait and would highly recommend the ship.

Archived