Price Structure for Internet Access on Caribbean Princess

ilovhywd

Can someone please tell me the pricing structure for internet access?

On another cruise line, we purchased a package of 120 minutes that we could use anytime during the cruise. On another cruise line, you had to use all the minutes at one sitting (that was awful).

How does it work on Princess? Thanks!

Princess charges 35 cents per minute. You swipe your cruise card through a reader on the terminal and pay for connection time at that point on. It's added to your on-board account. Just a hint - to test whether or not you can get a connection, you can click the Princess icon on the computer to see if it is up. That way you don't wait two minutes on account just to discover that you can't get an uplink.

Great tip! Thanks!

I like the payment structure. That way, if no one in my family is online to touch base with, I haven't wasted $$. I can try again later. On the other cruise line, once I logged in, I was stuck with 30 minutes even if I had no one to talk to!

When we were on last year, there are intermittent outtages due to the ship rocking. Just walk over to the service desk and have them credit your account. They are very reasonable when there are outtages.

Talking about outages, last summer we were north of the Arctic Circle for 3 days. In that location, ships cannot get a signal from the satellite that circles the earth. When there was no internet access, some people got really upset and were rude to the ship's personnel.

Most of us took it in stride and were mildly inconvenienced, but apparently some travelers carry on their normal business while on cruise ships. One particular lady, a travel agent, got cut off in the middle of making travel arrangements with a client who was stuck somewhere in an airport.

A simple sign in the computer room, warning people in advance of the outages to come, would have been a nice way to let people know BEFORE the situation arose.

i was just on the C.P it was 35 cents a minute, they charge u as soon as u swipe even if it hasnt connected to, it does add up, one simple email winded up being 15 minutes!!

Well fortunatley for me i dont have to pay:D so my suggestion is to become a Princess Platinum member and it will be free for you too!! LMAO just kidding.

Archived