Comfort Inn, HELP PLEASE !!! ?????

puffer46

Hi all, I know that someone out there can help me. I can't seem to find on this thread about the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport South. I know I've seen it but can not find it now. This hotel is located on Stirling Rd. Hollywood, Fl. It looked like a nice enough hotel and close to airport and cruiseport, RIGHT??? Then I went to tripadvisor and checked it out there. The reviews were horrible to say the least.:mad: Now, I know to take that site with a grain of salt but I'm confused... Is it really as bad as the reviews or is it an ok place to stay. I'm sure someone out there has stayed there and will be truly honest with me about the hotel. So help me out please. Thanks in advanced....:confused: Linda

Hi all, I know that someone out there can help me. I can't seem to find on this thread about the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport South. I know I've seen it but can not find it now. This hotel is located on Stirling Rd. Hollywood, Fl. It looked like a nice enough hotel and close to airport and cruiseport, RIGHT??? Then I went to tripadvisor and checked it out there. The reviews were horrible to say the least.:mad: Now, I know to take that site with a grain of salt but I'm confused... Is it really as bad as the reviews or is it an ok place to stay. I'm sure someone out there has stayed there and will be truly honest with me about the hotel. So help me out please. Thanks in advanced....:confused: Linda

Is this the thread you were looking for?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=165760&highlight=comfort

Puffer46, I have stayed at that hotel twice and find it perfectly fine for a pre or post cruise stay. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, a free shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day and a free breakfast buffet. This is not a lavish hotel by any means, but fine for 1 or 2 nights stay.

I haven't stayed here in about 3 years, that's when I discovered priceline. Now I am addicted to priceline and get my pre-cruise hotel stays here. But the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road is fine.

Hope this helps.

Reviews are mixed on that one, but if you're looking for an inexpensive no frills hotel that actually IS close to both Port Everglades and the airport, plus within walking distance to many restaurants and shops you may want to try the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

You could do MUCH better in the same price range...

Marriott Spring Hill Suites is practically across the street as is the almost new Hilton Garden Inn. Both much nicer and also serve breakfast.

Just a mile further south is La Quinta and the Days Inn (MUCH nicer than the average Days Inn)

You didn't say if you were only coming for one night...If you have a little time for the beach, I would suggest the Sleep Inn in Dania as it is just 3 miles from the airport and only a mile from Hollywood Beach and even closer to a nearby nature park.

I'm fairly certain all of the above have airport and port shuttles although I know the Days Inn used to charge $6 per person for the port shuttle. And some also offer shuttles to the nearby shopping area where there are restaurants and a movie theater.

You may also want to consider staying on Hollywood Beach. There are many smaller hotels. Few have shuttles or breakfasts, but you can get a room for about the same price as the chains and you have the bonus of being on the beach w/lots of restaurants in walking distance. You can find a full listing with individual's property links at visithollywood.org.

Love to hear where you end up staying and how you like it.

I wanted to thank everyone for all their help and advice. I did book the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th St. for Feb.2nd and 3rd. Mainly because of some reviews I've read here and it is very close to the cruise port and only about 3 mi. from the airport. It's nothing fancy for $143.00 a night ! But atleast I have a room booked for now. The cancelation policy is only 24 hrs. So as time gets closer I may find something nicer for a little less money. I really need to get on the ball and learn more about priceline.(chicken, I guess). The prices people say they are getting for better hotels are really something!!! We plan to stay for 2 nights post cruise as well but I think I'll just "wing it" when I get there and look around. Maybe get a decent "walk-in rate" I read so much about. We would love to be on the beach for some of our stay. Just can't get enough of the water even coming off an 8 day cruise. But when you live in upstate new york and have rain,cold,snow for the better part of the year. You want beach,water,and sunshine as much as you can get. So thanks again to everyone for all your help.:D Linda p.s. sure hope this reply goes through this time. Have tried three times--- hmmmmm:confused:

My hubby and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in March for 1 night pre-cruise for the Carnival Legend. We enjoyed it very much. Continental Breakfast is included. Only a 5 min walk from the hotel is a bridge that you can go up on and see all the ships that are in Port Everglades......Karen

Archived