First Disney Cruise

Gon2hwe

We are 3 older people 50's 60's and are going to try it out on Dream- 4 day.Dec.2 I love kids' have 13 grands but hoping to find some quiet spaces. Any recomendations? We've always loved RCI and NCL was just okay. How do they compare food, entertainment, and statrooms?So many questions!

We are 3 older people 50's 60's and are going to try it out on Dream- 4 day.Dec.2 I love kids' have 13 grands but hoping to find some quiet spaces. Any recomendations? We've always loved RCI and NCL was just okay. How do they compare food, entertainment, and statrooms?So many questions!

I have been on RCI and DCL and imho, the food is far far better on Disney than RCI. I found in the main dinning rooms the food on RCI was hit or miss, some nights some good foods some nights it was very poor. We wouldn't eat it but then got room service or pizza at a buffet.

Desserts is a thing RCI seem not to be able to do in the MDRs but can do in Winjammer buffet or in their bars?

Entertainment, again I found RCI Entertainment hit or miss, in a 14 night cruise we had about four production shows which were ok to good, and then ten which were generally a pop concert, little entertainers and the cruise director was very poor.

On Disney there is an excellent show each night the production standards are sky high, now it is generally disney themed but more Broadway style.

Staterooms, on RCI we had an inside room and a suite, the suite agaisnt DCL was good, but the inside room was like a cell. DCL inside rooms are better.

As for a quite place,on the Dream ,Deck 4 is good nice chairs there also Sun deck 13 forward is good it has wind breaks but has a good view where you are going and it doesnt have kids.

Howdy,

we are a couple close to 60 :rolleyes: and we have cruise don DCL 21 times and this month will be 22 times, also have done Carnival.

We have had kids and grandkids with us on a few cruises but most of the time its just us.

I agree with the above poster that Disneys stage shows are tops!! Disney has great talent in their shows and muscial performers in the clubs.

Deck 4 the jogging deck is the quiet deck. Many read, sleep or watch the sea there. Almost every afternoon you can find my husband snoring away on deck 4. LOL!!!

The adult pool is not always a quiet area but no kids are allowed. In the evenings it is much quieter there. Love sitting late at night in the adult hot tubs under the stars. It is quiet then.

There are 3 clubs in the evening that are adult only. If they work like the older ships, one club has live music and then late night a DJ playing music. Thats the loudest club. Then theres the sports bar club with tV's playing lots of games. The 3rd is more relaxed, usually some piano music in the evening and its darker, quieter and kind of romantic setting.

This will be our first time on the Fantasy, so I am going by my older experiences, current trip reports and what I have read about the areas on board.

Also a few of the Bars are quiet. One has windows that show the Skyline to look at. This is suppose to be a quiet bar for quiet conversation for adults.

Plenty of adult only events around the ship too. If you like food, go to the Art Of Entertaining series for adults. You watch a cooking demo and get samples of the food and wine to match on some days.

Disney has improved their food the last 2 menu changes. The restaurants are very good, expecially for dinners. We usually go for the buffets for breakfast and dinner but we have found on the other Disney ships the restaurants are much better than the buffet for breakfast and lunch.

The restaurants are buffet styel sometimes too but it seems to be better. The hot foods are hotter, cold foods are colder. I guess with less people in the restaurants for breakfast and lunch they have time to take better care of the food. Pizza on DCL was better than on Carnival.

Have a Magical cruise!!

Kathy

Thanks for the info. Disney will be a new experience. Just got a great deal so thought we'd try it. RCI has really gone down with their food lately and DH is a real foodie. Can anyone tel me if they have formal nights on a four day?

Thanks for the info. Disney will be a new experience. Just got a great deal so thought we'd try it. RCI has really gone down with their food lately and DH is a real foodie. Can anyone tel me if they have formal nights on a four day?

Not a formal night but a dress up night.

DCL has formal nights on the seven night cruises, in fact have a semi formal as well but on the short ones its just a dress up night and of course a pirate night.

Food on RCI was disappointing to us, it was hit and miss I found Windjammer actually rather good, like Cabanas on the Fantasy and Chops and Portafino were as good as Palo on DCL but the MDRs were rather poor, a few good meals but more miss than hit. DCL is far more consistent and DCL desserts are far better.

For foodies, dinner at Remy is a must! We dined there on the Dream in January and it was comparable to any 5-star restaurant on land. Well worth the upcharge.

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about Disney(cruises) and this was just last minute. We were already going to Cocoa Beach anyway so thought we'd give it a try. Glad I don't have to do formal on a 4 nt.Any other tips for newbie older people.We lived in Orlando years ago so the Disney theme isn't what were there for. We just love to cruise.

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about Disney(cruises) and this was just last minute. We were already going to Cocoa Beach anyway so thought we'd give it a try. Glad I don't have to do formal on a 4 nt.Any other tips for newbie older people.We lived in Orlando years ago so the Disney theme isn't what were there for. We just love to cruise.

Google

Navigators

for your cruise type they are the daily newspaper of your cruise with all activities and shows to help you have an idea what might be on your cruise. People post old ones on the internet.

Book shore trips, Remy, and Palo as soon as your window is open.

New cruisers is 75 days and paid in full.

Archived