Euros on Dutch Side

beverland

Agree that you should check the currency exchange rate online near the date of your visit so you have some idea what they are worth. ( However if you are just trying to get rid of them, maybe it won't be so important to you. ) We had some left from a previous trip and spent them in Marigot.

The Original Poster was specifically asking about the Dutch side, not part of the EU.

At least the larger shops and grocery stores will accept Euros, but when we had a couple hundred left over from a trip, we just exchanged them at the RBTT Bank, right on Frontstreet near Bobby's Marina.

gary

They only take Euros, it's part of France. So, you are OK.

:confused:Not on the Dutch side where the ship is docked.

If spending money on the "Dutch side" of the island in Philipsburg, the local currency is not euro. Some places will accept them and an exchange rate is made. But I would really check on the rate before using them, unless the OP doesn't really care about what value will be assigned, and just wants to "get rid of them".

Heres a photo of the RBTT Bank where we exchanged. We were referred here by the Scotia Bank downtown.

As I mentioned, it's right on the end of Frontstreet, closest to the Cruise Facility and very near the Bobby's Marina Water Taxi stop.

gary

p.s. RBTT stands for Royal Bank of Trinidad and Tabago

Sometimes it's just too simple.

I checked the Celebrity Cruises FAQ and found this:

Is foreign currency exchange available onboard?

Yes. Currency exchange services are available for most major currencies onboard at the Guest Relations Desk.

gary

We have Euros left over from a Med cruise. Does anyone know if you can use Euros on the Dutch side? :confused: We're not planning to go to the French side.

Thanks!

I would consider the Euros found money and taxi the 20 minutes or so over to Marigot and have lunch at Tropicana Restaurant on the water in the Marina Royale. It's one of the places that I have always wanted to try.

I agree that a visit to Marigot is a must. :) If you stay on the "Dutch Side" you are missing a real opportunity. Philipsburg is like many other ports. But add the "French side" and you'll see why St Martin is such a popular land based vacation area.

Archived