Any Carnival Splendor/St. Thomas Brides?

Hello ladies!

I am getting married on the Carnival Splendor in April 2013. We are having a ceremony in St. Thomas at the Lime Tree Beach and the reception on board after in the Red Carpet Night club.

Even if you didn't get married on this ship, I would love recommendations with reviews, things to bring, things you couldn't bring, etc. Pictures would be great as well!

We have the DJ and the cocktail hour also. We have about 44 people going.

If anyone can also answer any of the following:

Did anyone use bins to bring all of their stuff on?

What night did people meet with the coordinator before the wedding (my wedding day is mid cruise)?

Did anyone give the Carnival staff cake decorations? If so, how did it work out?

Did anyone use a formal night as their reception? I plan on doing this but am worried they won't seat us together.

Did anyone use the company, Royal Wed, for their ceremony? Any recommendations, if so?

Did anyone get the videography package where they do an additional shoot around an island? How was it?

THANKS!!!!!!!! :o:):D

My wedding is next month, I'm getting married on a different Carnival ship, but I am having my ceremony in St. Thomas & reception back on board, so I'll try to answer as much as I can.

Did anyone use bins to bring all of their stuff on? We will have one bin & everything else will be put in a separate luggage that has all of our wedding stuff in it.

What night did people meet with the coordinator before the wedding (my wedding day is mid cruise)? I was told I would meet our coordinator on the second day of the cruise and he/she will contact me.

Did anyone give the Carnival staff cake decorations? If so, how did it work out? We plan to have them add our cake topper & a few other cake decorations to our cake. We have a printed picture of how we want it to look with instructions to give to the coordinator.

Did anyone use a formal night as their reception? I plan on doing this but am worried they won't seat us together. We aren't using formal night as our reception but the night of the wedding all of our guests will be eating together in the main dining room. All you need to do is make sure all of your cabins are linked by calling Carnival and linking them. Once they are linked you can call the Carnival Dining Department to get your seating arranged so everyone sits together. We have multiple tables together in one area for our large group.

Did anyone use the company, Royal Wed, for their ceremony? Any recommendations, if so? I'm not familiar with Royal Wed & we aren't using them.

Did anyone get the videography package where they do an additional shoot around an island? How was it? We are having a family member video record our ceremony.

Archived