Has anyone been on NCL Jewel out of NY?

Mom2B&Z

I'm wondering if there is enough to do inside the ship while the weather is cool on the first and last sea days. From the dailies that I found online, it seems like there are a few Nick activities everyday. We are close to booking a last minute getaway after Christmas, just want to make sure DS2 has enough to do if the doesn't want to go to the kids club.

TIA :)

A lot to do? There is bowling and the arcade. And the giant Wii.

Editing - now I see he is TWO

You can take him to play at the "Under 2" area

During the day they have FAMILY activities like "balloon animal making" and "pizza making" - you could always take him to that :)

A lot to do? There is bowling and the arcade. And the giant Wii.

Editing - now I see he is TWO

You can take him to play at the "Under 2" area

During the day they have FAMILY activities like "balloon animal making" and "pizza making" - you could always take him to that :)

Actually DS2 turns 5 next week ;)

I'm more worried about things that burn off energy. We usually spend sea days playing in the pool, so the idea of being inside for two days is a bit daunting! Plus he would be with the 3-5 yo group in the new kids club, which probably won't be too appealing to him.

I could probably convince him with the Wii ;)

We were on the Jewel out of NYC last week! There is an arcade, but no bowling alley on the jewel. My twins are almost 4. The 1st sea day we did send them to kids' club til about 11AM and then we were able to take them to the pool. Granted, it was October so a lot warmer than what you will probably experience. I will say that the pools were heated and for the most part usually very warm. Our last sea day was miserable, rainy and cold ( because of hurricane sandy we had spent the prior day in Norfolk VA,so we were pretty far north already and a hurricane was coming!). So no pool that day. The boys did go to kids' club and they performed a circus in the theater, which was cute. Besides kids' club, the only other indoor activity our boys did during the day was bingo. I didn't know kids could play bingo, but they can and my boys loved it. There was a slime time live show in the theater after the kids' circus but my boys wanted nothing to do with the slime. We did spend some time in the arcade, atleast Every other day.

We had a fabulous cruise (even with the pending hurricane and missing 2 of our 3 ports) and I would do it again, and hope to soon. Our boys went to kids' club every night for 2-4 hours, which gave us time to have some alone time with a quiet dinner and show,etc. They only went to kids' club twice during the day, the two times I mentioned. They loved kids' club, but I will say with all honesty, if they didn't like kids' club and refused to go, we would have had a tricky time with them. Granted they are still pretty young, but without kids' club I dont think we could've kept them adequately entertained all day and night.

Oops sorry I read DDS2 as being 2. I swear I am having a problem with reading comprehension tonight.

And no bowling alley on Jewel? I toured Jewel and cruised on Gem and thought they were the same - I guess not.

In that case - for a 5 year old - I would be hoping he liked the family activities that they hold every day. Mine were glued to the kids club and I had to keep an eye on what family activity we could attend each afternoon.

I just looked at my pages and we had the following:

family Legos

Family wii

Family dodgeball

family pictionary

Family make your own pizza

Family balloon making

Fantastic, thank you both for the information. DS1 is our kids club fan, DS2 would go if he was with his brother, which won't happen until next year. He *loves* Lego, which I think just sealed the deal :)

The only problem is I'm leaving for hockey now with DS1, so have to wait until this afternoon to book it ;)

Archived