Fulton Street Garage or Cruise Port Parking

thescot123

Planning on taking a cruise near the end of April 2013. Just noticed that there is a French Quarter Festival going on that weekend. When you make a reservation with Fulton Parking, do they reserve a parking space for you. Since this a a public parking garage, I am worried that it may be full due to this festival. Would it be better to pay the extra cost of parking at the cruise terminal? We shall be sailing on NCL, which I believe makes you park in some type of open parking lot instead of covered parking. Will my car be safer at the cruise terminal or Fulton Street garage?

Fulton Street Parking has two parts to it's website. One is for cruise passengers only. If you use that one, they will tell you if it's available for you cruise and reserve you a space if it is. NCL does not care where you park. There are many options available. Your choice.

You will probably still want a cab or shuttle if you use Fulton. It is not waking friendly to the port.

We have parked at both and Fulton was covered and had an awesome shuttle service.

The last time we sailed out of there though, the parking was the same at both places.

thanks for the info. I have decided that I will park at the cruise terminal (whale lot). This is mainly due safety and that there is also a French Quarter Music festival going on the same weekend.

Archived