Which suites balcony is bigger on the Jewel class ships?

canuckgal

The forward penthouses (not the owners suites) or the aft penthouses? or is it negligible?

The SE PH's are much larger than Aft SF's balconies. They are also less private and can be windy during sailing.

Hope this helps,

Cherie

I have sailed in forward suites on the Sun and Sky and found they were completely private (and HUGE!!). Is the divider somehow very different on the jewel class ships ? I don't mind the wind in the forward suites.

They have the same slanted dividers. The sky is differnt as the SE's are aft and much bigger in size. The SF in forward. Not sure about the Sun.

The forward pehthouse balconies are larger than the aft but they are visible from the bridge, see pictures below; and windy when the ship is moving.

I would much prefer an aft balcony, deck 10 has larger balconies than the other aft penthouses.

I took these pictures from the bridge two weeks ago on the Jewel.

20121027-EOS_07034.jpg

20121027-EOS_07028.jpg

The forward pehthouse balconies are larger than the aft but they are visible from the bridge, see pictures below; and windy when the ship is moving.

I would much prefer an aft balcony, deck 10 has larger balconies than the other aft penthouses.

I took these pictures from the bridge two weeks ago on the Jewel.

20121027-EOS_07034.jpg

20121027-EOS_07028.jpg

Great pictures!

I've been in forward suites on the Sun, Sky, Dawn, and next year on the Gem. So far I've had no problem with too much wind.....even underway and as for the privacy, well......I just don't give them anything they'd want to look at! It's not as though the officers are standing on the bridge starring down at everyone! And for that matter, aren't some of the aft balconies visible from the upper decks? I've never been in one so I could be totally wrong.......

The only downside to a forward suite/balcony is the issue with the lights at night. On the Sky I had to empty the hot tub in the OS every night because there was a cover missing on the lights in the tub and it was interfering with the bridge.

I love my forward balcony....just like those who love their aft balcony!!:D

we too love our fore penthouse balcony on the Jewel. We will be in one next month and though the other posters are right about the potential for wind, you can't beat that view off the front and all the room.

yep, they can see you from the bridge, but I found them to be rather busy with other important things (though they might mention having seen you smoking cigars on your balcony if you are prone to that sort of thing-not a problem, just something they might note). you'll be advised to close your curtains at night If you have the lights on in your suite as it throws off their view. If you forget you will get a polite call from the bridge to remind you (don't ask how I know that....)

the only negative you might be aware of is that since you are obviously all the way fore, it can be a hike to get aft if you need to go there. you will love it!

Archived