Is Voyager worth the $$ over Enchantment?

Not sure what age group the Splash Deck is slated toward... I'm sure the younger (elementary age and slightly younger) kids will like it. My 11 year old son would definitely be there. Heck, I bet my 14 year old would probably be there too!

We're still leaning toward VOS because of the itinerary (want to cave tube in Belize however... that's on the EOS itinerary). If I choose Enchantment we will hang out in Florida for a couple of days before the cruise (it leaves on a Monday).

The more I look at it, I'm REALLY leaning towards the Enchantment. We drive down to FL for our cruises, and a shorter cruise would make the trip easier. I just worry that we'll get bored, but if so, then we just won't book that class of ship again!

The more I look at it, I'm REALLY leaning towards the Enchantment. We drive down to FL for our cruises, and a shorter cruise would make the trip easier. I just worry that we'll get bored, but if so, then we just won't book that class of ship again!

You won't be bored on the Enchantment. And especially with the new changes being made it will be that much better.

We just sailed on the Mariner 05/08/05. It was awesome. We are planning on going on the EOS in May 06. Our plan is to go to Disney for three days before and then cruise for 5 days. We were looking more at the sailing dates and the stops than the cost. I still want to get a good deal. We are going to Key West, Cozumel & Belize. Anyone know which cabin would best suit us, It will be Myself, wife & 8 yrs son.

OK, here goes...yes the Voyager class ships are more like the Mall of America. I've said it before, they are not going to give you the feeling of being at sea.

That said, the private islands are a ball for kids. Beach day.

But I've done the cave tubing in Belize and I have to say it was one of the best things I've ever done. How old are the kids? I would not do this with anyone under 12 or so. It's more work than you think.

I think I've done the EOS itinerary you're referring to. Key West is fun - lots of things to see and do for both kids and adults.

As for the days at sea, once EOS is refurbished, she'll have a lot more "active" things for the kids - the bungee jumping etc. Both ships have rock climbing walls.

I'd go with EOS and save the $$ unless the kids are young.

My kids as of next April will be 14 (girl) and 11 (boy). My daughter is pretty athletically inclined, but my son is not so much. Maybe the cave tubing would be more than he would want to do? Glad you mentioned this.

When we were kayaking (double kayaks) to Kealakekua Bay to go snorkeling on the Big Island last summer, a 30 minute trip if you don't stop paddling, he pretty much let my husband do all the work!!

Well, we just booked our cruise on the Enchantment for Jan 16th!

You guys have probably seen this already, but in case you haven't here is the link the images showing what the new EOS areas will be like. I also thought he animation of the stretching was pretty interesting.

Enchantment of the Seas

Good luck with your decisions! I am sure you will have a great time no matter which ship you choose :)

~elli

part snipped

OK, here goes...yes the Voyager class ships are more like the Mall of America. I've said it before, they are not going to give you the feeling of being at sea.

I disagree here. There are still plenty of places on the Voyager class ships that one can feel at sea. I would say that the only place that you don't is the Royal Promenade. Go outside on deck four and plenty of places to sit and relax while overlooking the water. A lot of the open decks up top give the same feeling as many other ships. The Windjammer has some great views of the ocean. I was afraid before I went on the Navigator that it would feel closed in. Not the case at all.

I have been on both the Enchantment & the Navigator and they are both very

beautiful ships. For the difference in money I would probably choose the

Enchantment and look for a better price for the Voyger class ship next time.

I loved the subtle colors on the Enchantment and the solarium pool was very

beautiful and relaxing also. The Voyger class ships are almost too big, but

should be tried at least once so you can compare ship classes. That's just

my 2 cents worth!;)

Hi, I've only been on 1 Voyager Class ship,so far,the Mariner. That was in April of 2004,and I was so blown away by that ship,that I still can't quit thinking about it. The ports offered for the VOS cruise,is in my opinion,also the much better choice. If you do choose that ship,don't miss Dunn's River Falls.It is beautiful,and so much fun. The kids will love it and remember it all their lives. Same goes for Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It's an awesome experience they will never forget. Actually, you parents will never forget these 2 places either. Having said all this however,the huge difference in price is really hard to justify. If choosing the cheaper cruise means taking a 2nd one,then it would be worth it.As for only the 5 days,consider going a day early,and staying a day late.That would turn the vacation into 7 days after all,and you would still have a 2nd cruise to plan and look forward to. Whichever you choose,have a wonderful time. How can you lose,when you choose to cruise.:D

Well, I called tonight, with credit card in hand, to book the Enchantment of the Seas and all the balconies for my cruise date next April are now SOLD OUT! I hate it when I snooze and lose.

part snipped

I disagree here. There are still plenty of places on the Voyager class ships that one can feel at sea. I would say that the only place that you don't is the Royal Promenade. Go outside on deck four and plenty of places to sit and relax while overlooking the water. A lot of the open decks up top give the same feeling as many other ships. The Windjammer has some great views of the ocean. I was afraid before I went on the Navigator that it would feel closed in. Not the case at all.

I agree with you Gordon. What I liked about the Royal Promenade is that it felt much less closed in inside than other ships. And all I had to do "to feel like I was at sea" was to step out on any of the open decks. I loved walking around the promenade deck, especially going up to the helicopter pad to watch where the ship was going.

NOO!!! You have to go on the Enchantment no matter what! It's Awesome! When we sailed our kids were 15 and 13. They both LOVED it! I never saw them except during dinner and at port. They stayed out every night until 2 am! There were tons of activities for them and for us. There will be even more when you sail! And like a few other posts, if you want to feel like your on a cruise then choose the EOTS! I promise you will not be dissapointed!

cawhite, did you book directly with RCL,or thru a TA? Sometimes TA's have blocks of cabins on hold,in case they get customers who want a specific type of cabin. Also,sometimes TA's can put you on a waitlist for a balcony. People book with a deposit and when it comes time to make final payment,some people cancel and cabins become avaliable again. Not sure if RCL will do the waitlist,but you could always ask. Don't give up hope yet on a balcony. :D

Thanks GranysT:

Yes, my TA put me on a waitlist with RCI.

I also put out a request for a quote for ONLY a balcony on *****.com, to see if there were any TAs out there that might have a balcony already blocked off / on hold, but they've all come back, thus far, saying there are no balconies to be had.

Sigh.... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Archived