Barbadian Buccaneers Party Ship

MAGNUM PI

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get any info on this? I can't find any reviews on this excursion. Thanks!

Celebrity offers an excursion, on Barbados, on the Barbadian Buccaneers party ship.

Anyone having experienced this ship excursion?

Or are there better non-ship similiar excursions?

Thanks.

If you search for Black Pearl Jolly Roger Barbados.....the Jolly Roger has been doing pirate cruises for years in Barbados & just got refurbished. I don't think any cruise lines offer them as an excursion any longer but they have a lunch time sailing 11-3PM I think that you can book on your own

• 3 weeks later...

We just did the Barbadian Buccaneers excursion on the Black Pearl Party Cruise aboard the Jolly Roger 1 last week.

We rarely do ship sponsored excursions but it was cheaper to book through RCCL. Booking through the Black Pearl the cost was $87.50. We only paid $52 pp through RCCL & the only difference was ours did not include lunch but lunch was available to purchase for $20 pp.

Check out their website for pics & there are plenty of videos of the Jolly Roger on youtube.

I think everyone had a great time walking the plank, swinging off the rope swing, snorkeling, swimming with the turtles, dancing & drinking plenty of the unlimited rum punch. They also have other drinks available free of charge & I switched to spiced rum & coke after a couple of rum punches.

Unfortunately I fell in San Juan the day before our cruise & was on crutches so I was a 'watcher' this time. :(

Juli

Juli

Thanks for the great review, we will be in Barbados in July and saw this excursion offered through Royal. I just have a couple questions for you:

Did the boat seem crowded?

Did you all get the lunch and was it worth the $20pp?

Ho wmuch time did you have for swimming and being in the water?

Thanks for everything

Juli

Thanks for the great review, we will be in Barbados in July and saw this excursion offered through Royal. I just have a couple questions for you:

Did the boat seem crowded?

Did you all get the lunch and was it worth the $20pp?

Ho wmuch time did you have for swimming and being in the water?

Thanks for everything

The boat was pretty crowded but I had to stay seated the whole time since I was on crutches. It would not have seemed nearly as crowded if I had been able to be up dancing, swinging off the rope swing, etc. :p

We did not get the lunch since we had eaten a huge breakfast & the excursion was only four hours. I did bring some packaged Eat A Snacks & we snacked on those. The lunch served looked good but a couple we met said we were not missing out & it was not worth the additional $20. They had different color armbands for the ones that included lunch.

We made two stops, the 1st was for snorkeling & the 2nd was swimming with the turtles & playing in the water & swinging off the rope swing & walking the plank. Not sure exactly how long we stopped either time but I think everyone had sufficient time to swim, etc.

Here is a link to a review with pics I am doing from our Adventure of the Seas cruise that includes our day in Barbados on the Jolly Roger 1 if you are interested in seeing it. Barbados starts on page 5.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1775109

Hope this helps.

Juli

Archived