Children's Dining Dress Code

kcwiak

I could not find anything on this...

What is the dress code for children? We are cruising soon with a 7 and 8 year old and I hate to pack 2 outfits per day if they have to wear pants to dinner every night. How about specialty restaurants?

Thank you for your help!!

Keri

NCL site's FAQ can be your best friend if looking for answers

"What Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly."

The way I work it for my kids is- wear it to dinner clean, then wear it the next day if it didn't get spilled on. Then after the active day, it goes into the laundry. It just doesn't work the other way around on a warm weather holiday -sweat,sand, sunscreen- you can't wear stuff for 2 days. Sundresses are the best for girls- pretty for the evening, cool for the next day, roll nicely in the suitcase, no need to put together outfits.

Archived