Cabin Upgrades

ehaas

We have an inside cabin on the June 11 Spirit. Do you ever find out before you have been upgraded? I noticed some threads saying when they got to the ship they had been upgraded. Have any first time cruisers on a ship been upgraded? Is there any way to find out if you have been upgraded.

I would contact AAA and tell them that you are interested in an upgrade. They can contact NCL.

You can also pull up the NCL site for your cruise/ship and see what is available before you call AAA.

It's worth a try!

We have done "upsells". Once 2 weeks before cruise and once 30 days before cruise.

Good Luck!

We were on the Spirit 5-14 to 5-21,2005. We called our TA two days before our cruise and were told we were upgraded from an inside to an outside with a picture window. Called twice before I told hubby just to make sure. I have been on 10 cruises and this is the first time I have been upgraded.

This was our first time on NCL and we booked it two weeks before sailing.

Good luck you will love the Spirit.

Vicki

I check online and we are still listed in the orginal cabin assigned. I have not tried calling my travel agent yet....probably would be worth the try.

Thanks for the information

We booked directly with NCL and we were upgraded. My sister has sailed 5 times, and all three times she was upgraded, she booked through NCL the two she didn't, were through a TA.

You can always call NCL and see if an upgrade is available.

Chloe

Last year we were on the Sun to Alaska and had booked 3 weeks prior to departure. This was our first cruise with Norwegian. We paid for the cheapest cabin guaranteed (inside, bottom deck) and was upgraded to an inside mid ship 2 decks up. We only found out 3 days prior to sailing. This was a nice surprise. Hopefully this will happen to all of you.

First, let me say thanks to all who post here. Many of us who Lurk (or shall I say learn) about the boards are thankful for all your posts. :) I must say I am still confused about this upgrading business. Are upgrades free ? It appears that sometimes people get upgraded and sometimes they don't. It also appears that it may have someting to do with how you book your cruise. Let me try it this way....

My family and I are booked on the Dawn on June 26 (can't wait :D ). We have made our final payment and have received our documents. I called our TA and requested an upgrade to a Balcony. This would cost us approx $400.00 more than we originally paid. My TA said that since we have made our final payment that we cannot upgrade. This seemed strange to me so I called NCL and was told that we could upgrade but........because we have a TA we could not do it ourselves, our TA must do. I again called our TA and was told that NCL had made a mistake and we could not upgrade at this time.

Is it me or does this seem strange. Perhaps someone would know.

Anyway, thanks to all who post teriffic information on these boards

It seems if you can upsell if NCL call you before the departure.

I upsold from a KK to a BA for $125 per person $250 in total.

See my earlier thread on the topic.

Upgrades seem to be complementory but involves less of a leap:

ie. inside to ocean-view and typically occur when you get on

the ship. I'm guessing NCL is busy calling people and trying to

upsell before they upgrade people

K&M: Something is fishy about your TA's information. I would not use them again. Unfortunately, if you wait until you board, all the cabins will have been given away and no chance for an upgrade. I would push the TA on this subject. It's the only way you will get what you want. Happy Sailing!

K&M: Something is fishy about your TA's information. I would not use them again. Unfortunately, if you wait until you board, all the cabins will have been given away and no chance for an upgrade. I would push the TA on this subject. It's the only way you will get what you want. Happy Sailing!

I believe, but I'm not sure that, with an upgrade, you do not pay additional $$.

You are just upgraded.

An upsell - you pay additional $$.

You still have time to be upgraded and your TA should help you with this.

If you use a TA, you must get them to do this for you.

If it's a local TA, I would "sit there" while they contact NCL.

I have only been on 2 cruises but both times they have announced at boarding "no cabins available". If you really want an upgrade, do it before you sail. You have nothing to lose by trying.

You will enjoy your cruise no matter what cabin you are in.:)

you can also check your registration on the NCL site and see what cabin you have been assigned. You only need your reaservation number to check it.

I am not able to locate the specific page on NCL's website that enables you to check cabin assignments by entering your reservation number.

Thanks for any help . . .

I am not able to locate the specific page on NCL's website that enables you to check cabin assignments by entering your reservation number.

Thanks for any help . . .

http://www.ncl.com/more/prepare_cruise.htm

You need your booking number (8 digits all numeric) - click on "register online"

Stop back by the roll call somtime - see you on the Jewel :)

Ricardo - got to NCLs main page .... www.ncl.com

Lower left part of 'box' ... you will see, "Booked Guests Register Here" .... click that

Next page click ..... "Register Online" (rt side of box)

or try this link below, it may work. All you need is your NCL res #, date of sailing, ship name & your name.

Hope this helps :)

https://nclires1.mis.ncl.com/NCL_AGR

K&M comment: My TA said that since we have made our final payment that we cannot upgrade. This is the comment I was referring to when I said something was fishy about the TA. I have upgraded before after final payment without a problem. Final payment has nothing to do with paying and receiving an upgrade. You just pay the additional cost. What's so difficult about that? I understood her post to mean that they wanted to pay the $400 for the upgrade but their TA said they couldn't because final payment was made. If it was me, I would push the TA and if no luck, ask for a supervisor. Happy Sailing!

Ricardo - got to NCLs main page .... www.ncl.com

Lower left part of 'box' ... you will see, "Booked Guests Register Here" .... click that

Next page click ..... "Register Online" (rt side of box)

or try this link below, it may work. All you need is your NCL res #, date of sailing, ship name & your name.

Hope this helps :)

https://nclires1.mis.ncl.com/NCL_AGR

You have made me so happy. I had the same problem as Ricardo. I could not find a link on the NCL site that worked. That link works, shows my advance reg. is complete and there is a cabin number! Now off to see where it is located. Thank you!!!!!

Charles

Chas - Glad I was able to help you :)

One thing is to print off your pre-reg form & take it with you when you board. Also I would check back from time to time to make sure none of your info changed. We have had several ppl on the 6/11 Wind sailing go back & notice that some of their info had gotten deleted or changed somehow. just food for thougth

tc & happy sailing

Archived