Handicapped Accessible Ocean Suite on Conquest

Gazelle2

We booked our October 28, 2012 passage on Carnival Conquest with less than two weeks remaining before the cruise. We have become partial to Ocean Suites as an acceptable alternative between the expense of a full suite and the lack of room in a regular balcony stateroom.

When we went online to book the cruise we found that the only remaining Ocean Suite was 7228 on Empress deck. When we called to book we were warned that 7228 was a handicapped accessible stateroom and that we could be bumped if a person really requiring handicapped access wanted to book it. Because of the late date we decided to stick with the reservation and take our chances on being bumped.

Stateroom 7228 is really an amazing room and I thought that some of you might be interested in seeing some photos of the room(s). According to a Carnival PVP we spoke with later, 7228 is usually held back until late in the booking period. The suite is approximately 450 square feet with a double-width balcony.

Room_01_sm.jpg

This shows the bedroom part of the suite with the bed in king-size configuration.

Room_02_sm.jpg

This shows the chairs, table, sofa, desk and bar area, and new flat-screen TV.

Room_03_sm.jpg

This is another view of the desk and bar area. It also shows the over-sized entry door.

Room_04_sm.jpg

This view shows the left half of the dressing room and the door into the bathroom. The right half of the dressing room has a full double closet. This photo also shows the ramp by the balcony door for wheelchair/scooter access.

Room_05_sm.jpg

This view shows the left half of the bathroom. I am sure we have been in staterooms smaller than this bathroom.

Room_06_sm.jpg

This is the right half of the giant bathroom.

I just discovered that you cannot have more than six images in a single post so here is the last one that got bumped off the original post.

Room_07_sm.jpg

This is the balcony of stateroom 7228 on Carnival Conquest. It is no deeper than a standard balcony but it is double the normal width. You can also see the outdoor portion of the wheelchair/scooter ramp.

Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Do you mind if I post them on the cruise line rooms site?

Or if you could do so that will help other cruisers.:D

I did notice that this cabin has the ramps but that the other Conquest Class ships same cabin number and HC do not.

edit add .. never mind I see someone else has pictures already posted.

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Do you mind if I post them on the cruise line rooms site?

Or if you could do so that will help other cruisers.:D

I did notice that this cabin has the ramps but that the other Conquest Class ships same cabin number and HC do not.

edit add .. never mind I see someone else has pictures already posted.

Of course I do not mind if they are posted on any cruise line rooms sites. If you find any sites you think might benefit from having them, by all means post them or come back to me and tell me where they need to be uploaded.

Here is a view of the right side of the dressing room in stateroom 7228. In the photo you can see the sliding door between the entry way and the dressing room. You can also see the two closet doors. The left half of the closet is full length while the right side of the closet has half-length hangers plus shelves. The door on the left side of the photo is the extra-wide door to the bathroom.

Room_09_sm.jpg

table>

• 1 year later...