Miami Divers

OceanDreaming2

Last week, when we returned from a tour on the Island of Curacao, 3 ambulances were lined up on the pier. Apparently there had been a diving accident with one of the contracted divers (checking the Star's hull, perhaps) passed away. It was several hours before the authorities took the body off the pier. It was a very sad incident as we had already had a Code Alpha and lost a passenger.

We hadn't left the ship before the accident. Our crew and then the ambulance personel tried frantically to revive him. It was so sad. All I could think of, after I said my prayers for him, was that there was a family in the United States that will be receiving a phone call that will change their lives forever. From personal experience I know that is the worst call to receive.

Prayers continue for his family.

Found an article that say's a commercial diver working on the damage that Star sustained in her "accident" died suddenly while underwater. He made contact to say he had difficulty and then no more contact. Coworkers found him lying on the bottom dead. Autopsy pending.

Archived