Atlantis question for Scubagirl

fun cruiserz

Hi,

I am going to be in Nassau from 7am-2pm and would like to do both the straw market and the Atlantis Marine Exhibit and Dig. Do you think I will have time to do both of them? I heard the straw market doesn't open until 9am, does the Marine exhibit open any early and maybe we could do that first?

Andrea

Head to Atlanits first. The exhibits never close, you may even get there before they have guards and won't have to pay (Not all exhibits are open to the public, but you'll see plenty). Just keep an eye on the time if you want to shop, time can get away from you at Atlantis. Straw market opens at 9am, but since they are individual vendors, not all vendors are there at 9am sharp.

I have another question. It says that the water taxis don't start running until 9am, and I plan to be on shore at 7am when our ship docks so do you recommend taking a regular taxi to Atlantis? I heard it costs $4 per person is that true? Thanks.

IF you have a decent aquarium near your home, I would save the money on the admission to the Atlantis. It's okay, but not worth the admission price in my opinion. We walked through it while guest at the Atlantis and the one thing we said was we would have been upset if we would have spent $25 per person to walk through.

I have another question. It says that the water taxis don't start running until 9am, and I plan to be on shore at 7am when our ship docks so do you recommend taking a regular taxi to Atlantis? I heard it costs $4 per person is that true? Thanks.

Yes, cabs should be lined up outside the port gates. If you get into a van, it's $4 pp. If you get your own taxi, it's $8 for 2ppl and $3 for each additional person. Plus $1 toll. Tell your cabbie you CAN'T wait for him to fill up his car/van.

ok, here is another question. I am just full of them. We also want to go shopping at Hard Rock Cafe and Senor Frogs to get some souvenirs. Where are these stores in location to the straw market and are the two of them close together? Thanks.

Andrea

They are both located along the wharf as you walk east. The Hard Rock is up a side block (Charlotte Street), but you'll see the sign on the side of the building pointing it out. Senor Frogs is hard to miss. It's very "in your face" as you walk along the wharf.

Maybe 3 short blocks apart.

Archived