Costa dive shop in Grand Turk

swedeepie

Does anyone know who the dive shop is that Costa Cruise Line uses in Grand Turk? My TA doesn't have the info and Costa says I need to ask the Excursion desk when I am aboard on Dec. 10, 2012.

I am afraid the excursion will be booked and I have some questions as I am a newly certified diver, May 2012, and this will be my first recreational dive. I will not have a buddy and I am a little nervous about it without one.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

I don't know, but I would book a private excursion. Google the shops and contact them. Let them know you are a new diver and have no buddy with you. They will make sure you have one. You might even consider hiring a private DM for your dive. You won't be able to do that on a ship's excursion.

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for the quick reply. We are only in Grand Turk from 8AM to 1PM and I am afraid about timing for a two tank dive and getting back to the ship. If I do go independent excursion would you have a preference between Blue Water Diving or Grand Turk Divers?

We went with Blue Water a few years ago while on a Carnival cruise. We had 4 divers which was the minimum to do a trip. Very nice wall dives. At the end the dm/captain took us to the beach next to the cruise pier in the small boat we used for diving--easy but fairly high priced and a minimum number of divers are needed to do the trip. Ask if you email them.............

I appreciate your info and experience! I do believe I will be doing an independent excursion for only 1 tank. Seems like a good way to break into the sport :} If I have any other questions I will ask as you guys are the best. :D

• 4 weeks later...

An update, as we visited Grand Turk last week. We made a 1 tank with GT Divers and it worked well--no problems!! Both times, we were dropped off on the beach near the cruise pier. Take a mesh backpack bag as it's tough to drag wheels thru the sand.

Archived